Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A NEW METHOD TO PLAY STRATEGIC COMMAND 2 (Funny variation)

French tip : a method to play with very funny variations with strategic command 2 tongue.gif

1-First, choice an human opponent

2-Second : you have to decide the player who begin to choice of a country

3-The first player choice a country

4-The second player choice a country,

5- and then, again, again,etc... : you have to write the list of countries choiced by each player

6-When there are no more free country (major powers and minor countries), one of the players build the scenario : he has to take the 1939 campaign, and just set the countries of each player in Axis or Allied side.

7- After that, game can begin .

With this system of choice, each game (evidently, not historical !) will have a different strategic situation... : i.e : France + USA + Italy vs URSS + Germany + GB, or France + Urss + German vs USA+ German+GB, etc...

So, the strategic decisions would have to be very different, depending of the situation...

Note : You may have this variation : each player has 3 jockers during the choice phase. He can use the jockers to refuse a choice of minor country made by his opponent (and after, to take it for himself !)

Or other variation : Normal rule of choice for major power, but for choice of minor countries : to make at random

i.e : you create 3 class countries:

-Major power (6)

-Medium power (Spain, Turkey,Poland,etc...)

-Minor countries

For the major and medium powers : you do the normal system of choice, and for little coutries, you make at random

Not if you give USA their historical industrial output.

They do not have that in the default scenario, this is to give the Axis the possibility of winning by defeating the Allies, which was simply never going to happen with USA in the mix. When you are being outproduced 3 to 1 or higher in everything, your best hope is to hang on long enough for an armistice, which the Axis could have probably achieved with proper leadership.

[ February 18, 2007, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: Blashy ]

You can reduce MPP for germany and/or Urss/USA, reduce military forces, and reduce value/Number of cities and industrial centers

(i.e : in the editor, you can change "industrial centers" in "alternate cities", and give them very low value, and then, to give these cities to Germany and Urss in place of original cities : so, german and russian or american cities will give less of Mpp than cities of other countries).

You can modify the industrial rate for each country,etc...

SC2 editor allows all possibilities... tongue.gif

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I think it might be good to start the minors as neutrals with no alignment to either side at the beginning, leaving room for diplomacy. Though you'd probably need to deactivate a few events for them.