Panther G Late mod

Hi all,

Just uploaded on cmmods the first version - dunkelgelb - of my Panther G Late mod. a few extra screenies here and one for all you lazy folk

panther_g_lgelb_2pz2.jpg

This one was based substantially on my G variant. I'll be doing a camo version asap.

MikeT - I had a think about your suggestion in the previous thread re: doing a version with appliqué foliage - I think I'll skip it for now since the 3D aspect of it doesn't really convince me from the examples I've seen in the past. It would be ideal in the historical context as you correctly point out. Maybe someone else would like to have a go at it ;)

Cheers

LS

Originally posted by MikeT:

LS, I understand how you feel about foliage. It has been done with varying degrees of success. I was curious if you could pull this out of the hat and maybe make it work.

Sounds like a challenge to me ;)

I'll have to see what I can do once I've got VJ's order outta the way :D The tri-colour G Late is moving on, and hopefully should be quite quick - so long as I can get the joins in the pattern to work easily.

Originally posted by HeinzBaby:

Icing on the cake for your fabulous Panthers LS, is to use those dusty tracks from CMBB.. they work a treat in CMBO :D

Thanks for the tip Heinz - as you'll see from the latest snaps I took your advice ;)

panther_g_l_tri17ss2.jpg

Posted on cmmods more pics here

Yes, yes I will do these for CMBB messers Warmaker and Jester - these things take time you know and what with MikeT wanting his 'foliage' edition ;) I don't know which to do next :confused:

TeHe - actually I'm gonna do the CMBO A next and start researching the D for CMBB as I figure that'll be the hardest of the CMBB variants.

Watch this space

LS

Thanks for the comments guys - always appreciated smile.gif

Kind of a story behind the hasty turret numbers - I didn't include it in the read-me as I can't verify it and also 'cos the markings are to an extent fictional:

From what I discovered about the 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division 'Götz von Berlichingen' (GvB) it seems that for most of the time it didn't have any panzers but instead relied on Stugs for armoured support, however in late December 1944, whilst preparing for the Nordwind offensive, it was strengthened with 57 new Stugs, a Nebelwerfer unit, a Jagtiger battalion (!) from the XIII SS Armeekorps, and a Panther company detatched from remnants of 21st Panzer Division - probably not more than 17 Panthers. GvB was perhaps the most heavily armed unit of the XIII SS Armeekorps, at the launch of Nordwind, and its Panthers most likely stayed with them after the failure of the operation until destroyed. GvB was one of the lesser known Waffen SS divisions and there seems to be little documentation so unit strengths and armaments are not easily found.

I do like these little snippets of history - if anyone else can shed light of this I'd welcome your input.

LS