Fortress America Beta V 2 Now at Cmmods.

The second beta version of Fortress America is now at cmmods!

In case you weren't aware of the previous release, Fortress America is a mod that takes place in 2010 when the Soviet Union invades the West Coast of America. Almost all of the graphics amd sounds were changed to make SC 2 modern-day. The scenario is brigade / squadron sized, featuring new unit types, new terrain and resource types, and is suitable for multiplayer or human American vs AI USSR.

Here are the changes that have been made:

- Added extra ports to the Soviet landing site. Although it looks a bit silly, it was the only way to relieve the congestion caused

by the AI's total inability to keep the landing beaches clear for incoming troops.

- Toned down the beginning Soviet Air Force.

- Changed some sprites, sound files, and the Main Screen.

- Gave the USA more starting MMPs, and the USSR a higher industrial %.

- Significantly reduced the defensive charactistics of military bases. They now offer a little ground protection, but offer very good

air protection and a high entrenchment.

- Air fleets, ships, and bombers, now have more realistic combat radius's (with a limit of 25 tiles max), based on data from globalsecurity.org.

- Cleaned up the 2D military sprites, they look much nicer now.

- Moved the Attack Aircraft to the Fighter slot, with a spotting range of 1. This way, the AI will not likely intercept with them, as they are

ground attack, not air. They were moved from the bomber slot because they would always attack the cities on default, not the units in them. Make

sure you set your attack aircraft to "Ground" so that they do not intercept.

- Made Artillery more powerful.

- Fixed up some 3-D unit sprites, and replaced some of the American aircraft sprites and the American carrier sprite.

- Fixed up some sprite outlines.

- Added some new sounds.

- Set all the ground attack aircraft and carriers to "Ground"

Coming Up!...Soon!.

OK!...[initial Impressions]...so far even though ive only played 2010-07-01 & 15 & 22 The Game seem's much more reasonable to play!.

EG: Russian AirPower is not Unbelievably Overpowering. Russian Fleet action is also...not so quite one-sided as well!.

Combat seem's to be working well [Fair & Even-Handed], nothing for me to complain about here.

Supply is almost never what we would like, but for the North American Command, it is adequate enough to continue operations without cripiling the effort!.

The only major complaint that i have so far, and it wouldn't be due to what you did, but turn 2010-07-22 took the better part of 40 Minutes to complete???.

The game is interesting enough that i almost don't mind the extra time that it takes to complete the turn,...'however!' if Hubert Cater could give you some tip's that could cut down on that time consumption without 'Gutting' your game, it would be 'much' appreciated!.

Right Now im still entralled with 'Thrawns' European Theatre', but that shouldn't last forever, so one day again, your game will be much more important on the game play list!.

What i really want is a modern, present day game depicting the crises that we have in the Gulf & the Middle East!. That's what i would like most of all, perhap's other's are of the same mind???.

I've suggested a title for this depiction in the past!. I thought of using "THE RED CRESENT!",...as the 'Cresent' is an Islamic Symbol that symbolizes their culture, it's even used on their Ambulance's instead of the Typical 'CROSS' that almost everyone else uses.

'RED' would stand for the Bloody Fighting in the region that would be a result of trying to create this new 'ISLAMIC EMPIRE!'.

That's it for now until i play the game somemore, i'll be gone for a few days very soon, so it will have to wait a bit!. Hopefully some of the other's will care to put in their observations as well!.

[ January 27, 2007, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Retributar ]