Post Mac Voodoo bugs here

Baboon2

Even though 3dfx is out of business and I am unemployed, there is going to be one more RAVE driver release. This one will provide CM support for the V3. Before I release, I would like a posting here of all Voodoo 3, 4, or 5 Macintosh bugs. Please state your machine info and 3dfx ROM version and driver version. You can also contact me directly at baboon2@bellatlantic.net.

-- Ray

Guest Madmatt

I am very sorry to hear of the recent events Ray but all of us here at Battlefront.com and Big Time Software thank you for your continued help during what must be a difficult time for you.

Take care!

Madmatt

Whoohooo, wtg Ray. Maybe now I can return the PC voodoo5 I can't get to work (and that I got mainly to see CM in 3d and fsaa with).

With both the b12 and b13 drivers and rom on a voodoo3, the main problem is structures disappear as you go up in viewing level. At about 2 levels above ground, unoccupied structures, walls and some other terrain objects disappear in the ground. Maps stick up higher but there's no way of telling where they are.

The second serious problems is tracers not showing up.

There are some other minor rendering weirdnesses, but if those two could be fixed, it would be a usable sim under voodoo3.

7500/newertech g3/300, 9.0.4, voodoo3 tested with both 12 and 13 drivers/roms. Now using b13 rom and drivers.

Fate

This is great news - thanks Ray

I find the same V3 problems as Fate: buildings are invisible in view 4 and fairly transparent even in view 1, likewise flags and, to some extent, bits of hillside.

This is the key problem that makes it unworkable, but vehicles also look decidedly peculiar, as many external panels are transparent.

I'm using 6500/SonnetG3/300, Sys 8.6, tried b11, 12 and 1.1.2 drivers/roms in all sorts of funny combinations to no avail.

I'm currently using 1.1.2 without the RAVE driver frown.gif

Grim

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fate:

With both the b12 and b13 drivers and rom on a voodoo3, the main problem is structures disappear as you go up in viewing level. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, good news there. This one has already been fixed and will be in the next release.

When you say "tracers", I take it you mean all ammo trails, or do you mean something else?

-- Ray

I see nothing after the screen which says "loading 3d graphics" (all other beginning screens are normal, including the movie). I am running a 7600/sonnet G3/400, 304 MB RAM, Voodoo 3 2000 w/b12 ROM/Drivers. Surprisingly , this setup works with the demo, but not with either CM 1.03 or 1.05. Looking forward to the updates, Ray. Thanks!

Rich

Ray, your email bounced.

----- Transcript of session follows -----

<baboon2@bellatlantic.net>... Deferred: Connection refused by mail2.bellatlantic.net.

Warning: message still undelivered after 6 hours

Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

But now the good news, the latest rave driver you sent me works great! Buildings, walls, flags and tracers all ok. All ammo trails including flames look good and I love the way building blow up now.

The white text "computer player thinking" is legible but has little white garbly dots around it.

There is always a black rectangular area in the upper left hand corner, you can see snow falling thru it.

The cursor disappears when put in the command area at the bottom (the arrows and go button) but only in the stock CM revs, works fine in the b24 CM rev.

"Set available display" in 3dfxtools hangs the computer.

7500/newertech g3-300, 9.04, opengl 121, rom 12, 1.1.3 (22) drivers and 3dfxtools except for new alpha rave driver.

Fate

I can second what Fate says - the latest alpha RAVE drivers are great. Completely usable as far as I'm concerned. I can't load CM b23 PBEM turns, but I expect this to go away with 1.1. I get the same text dots and 1.05 cursor vanish as well as fog wierdness, but these are nothing to worry about.

Ray wins again!

6500/SonnetG3/300 Sys8.6 b12ROM, 1.1.3 drivers plus new RAVE driver.

Ray -

I tried the 1.1.2 drivers last night - and it worked! I am getting the "no tracers" effect Fate mentioned earlier, as well as the wierd building, and vehicle side panel effects - but the game is playable! I'll try 1.1.3 tonight. Thanks again!

Rich