Welcome to the boards.

It's 02:00 out here, so I'm off to bed ;)

But there must be some Yanks around that love to play.

I can recommend playing the AI a few times though, it's really good smile.gif

Starting with the allies is also a bit easier on a beginning player.

Yep, playing the AI is probably a good way to get a feel for SC2 at first. But, if you play a decent human player they'll teach you a lot of hard lessons early. smile.gif

In general the Axis are tougher to play, especially versus another decent human opponent. As Axis you can't afford to make too many mistakes, especially early, or you'll be quickly overwhelmed by the Allies. As the Allies it takes a bit more time to build up forces, but you can make more mistakes and still recover, as the Allies generally get stronger as the game goes on and the Axis weaker.

Good luck, have fun, remember to never give up too quickly and welcome to the boards!

If I may be so bold to make a suggestion. smile.gif

Play PBEM, and knowing targul is a vet and peter is not, I (a vet) usually like to telegraph my actions to the new SC player in each turn exchange.

Explaining to them the hows and whys of what I'm doing thrown in with some of the other possibilities since you can't do them all.

Encourage them to ask questions about your moves.

It makes to bring those newbies along faster, turns are slower, but this is about teaching.

Good luck.

Not sure you can really call me a vet other then for my military service.

I have only played one human in this game and had decided to never play another because people play too ahistorically for me.

I like a game where history is considered. I dont mind a little variance but I want the game to run along the lines of WWII.

I am a veteran gamer and have played thousands of games but only one of this one verses a Human.

I have played many verses AI. My favorite of the AI games is A3R. Good solid game that sends me back many years.

• 2 weeks later...