I don't know if the UK base their had the facilities to repair ships there but I wondered if it could be made in SC2 that they can. One of the reasons the allies struggle so much in the mediteranean is that UK can't keep their ship fit while the italians can have theirs at tip-top shape.

Opinions/Insults?

1. You can fully repair ships in the Egyptian ports if you conquered Iraq and established an overland link to Moscow.

2. I too am looking forward to improvements in the AIs use of its fleets and would not mind if HC tested it in a new update for SC1. ;)

[ April 10, 2005, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Ah, the Battle for Egypt.

Defending the Egypt against a determined Axis player is hard but not undoable and a strong Axis push on this front means that he is weak elsewhere.

Once I faced a player making a strong push for Cairo supported by the entire Italian navy and several Axis air units when I sailed through Gibraltar to the west and took Sicily while foiling his plans to force Vichy France to surrender.

In another time I took advantage of his preoccupation here to liberate Norway and then Sweden.

And yet another time I used bombers to great effect and sank a transport carrying a HQ unit to the coast of Syria.

PS: If you are lucky and get early tech advances in Air Defense and defend Cairo with an Armor unit then defending Egypt is a walk in the park. In fact, as the UK I often select AD as one of my early research investments (as opposed to Jets or LR) for this very reason. Of course, I also base a Bomber in the Sinai to pounce on any transports that venture within range

Originally posted by Edwin P.:

Ah, the Battle for Egypt.

Defending the Egypt against a determined Axis player is hard but not undoable and a strong Axis push on this front means that he is weak elsewhere.

<cough> Usally I am hapyy if I play axis and I see a mayour commitment in Egypt by the allied player. If you get France in July-August 1940 I don´t see any way you can´t defend Egypt. As soon as the Axis players sees there is a though defense 4-5 Airfleets will move to Egypt and then everything is lost....