Really enjoying the WaW game. Playing 1939 Fall Weiss as Axis. My question is what is the best way to eliminate the British unit on Malta that keeps interfering with my supply movement to Africa. There is only one hex so amphibious attack is out. Rules out airborne also. Anything to do other than bombing from air and sea. BTW the British Navy in the Med sinks any ship I send there to bombard. Looking for ideas.

Just send all your Axis airfleets to bomb it.Remember to keep the port at zero and the unit guarding Malta cant resupply.Then just either drop your Para.or amphib.invade it.With the addition of the Tac.airfleets its alot easier to take Malta.

As far as your Italian navy goes dont send them out until you atleast take France.After you get Malta you can put your Italian bomber there and spot for Allied ships and get in the first shots.You have a sub and usually the Brits. have no destroyers in the Med.

I believe in 1.03 WaW it is 1 tile strike range at 0 tech level advancing two with each additional level.

They are, like Bombers, very helpful in isolating the battlefield and unlike Bombers not subject to weather, interceptions and anti-air.

[ May 30, 2008, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]