Kuniworth vs Scook, battle for Russia AAR - ONLINE ACTION!

Ok I'll be playing Axis and Scook will be playin the Red Army.

June 22nd, 1941

Germany declares war on the USSR and swarms the border with over 3 million men.

North

von Leeb's forces smash the 10th Rifle Corps and advance into Lithuania. Big tank battle see the red army lose it's 3rd Tank Army. This mean that the 8th Russian army is squeezed towards the coast while the 1th Army is destroyed by german 18th Infantry corps. Vilna falls to the german 28th Corps.

Center

Attacks begin north of Brest with a combined attack of 12th and 13th Corps on the 4th Army. The gap that ensues are exploited by Guderians panzers who push deep. 46th Pz Corps destroys the 3rd Air army and now threatens Minsk. 24th Pz drives north east and with some assitanceclear Biyalostok of the 6th Tank Army.

On the left flank of Armygroup center, Hoth's 3rd Pz Army attacks with the 39th Pz and 57th Panzer and attacks in difficult terrain across the Nieman but succeeds in destroying the 10th Tank Army.

South

1st Panzer Army strikes deep and annihilates 8th Air army and the 9th Tank army. 14th Pz Corps clear Lvov of the 8th Tank Army but can't enter the city.

Romania

Advance into Bessarabia. Russian 35th Rifle Corps recieve some damage.

STATUS AFTER AXIS INITIAL BLOW;

- In the North and the Baltic states the red army lost 50% of it's airunits and 100% of it's tanks.

In the Center the red army lost 100% of it's tanks and air formations.

In the south(southwest front) lost 50% of it's tank armies and 50% of it's air armies.

In romania no air- or tanklosses for the red army.

TOTAL LOSSES FIRST WEEK;

Red army have lost 5 of 11 tank armies and 4 out of 9 air armies.

[ July 30, 2006, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

Watching "The Green Berets" for inspiration while waiting for the 1st turn to be sent.

While watching DirecTV, I get a phone call from my Unlce Joe. Babbling some nonesense about losing half his tanks and aircraft to his German pals. I ask if he has lost half his marbles, tell him I will get back to him, AFTER I watch this John Wayne flick.

Originally posted by Scook:

Watching "The Green Berets" for inspiration while waiting for the 1st turn to be sent.

While watching DirecTV, I get a phone call from my Unlce Joe. Babbling some nonesense about losing half his tanks and aircraft to his German pals. I ask if he has lost half his marbles, tell him I will get back to him, AFTER I watch this John Wayne flick.

Green berets?

This is a tougher war. You got my turn, it's your move mister S Cook.

The new version we are playing, version 1.4 is not up at cmmods.com yet as it will be tested in some game first.

This version is much tougher on the russian player than in 1.3.

Now russian got only 75% industrial modifier, no free chit in IT and more expensive armies and corps. The russian player will need to get IT level 1 as soon as possible to be able to stand up against the german warmachine. And priorities will be much harder, what front section to defend and what to sacrifice? Of course with around 600 MMP at the start the russian player can chose to be offensive but that will not be for free.

The axis player got a much easier task in 1941. Advance as fast as possible to cripple russian production before the winter. It's vital not to let the russians get time to organize a solid defence.

Send the save turn again without the latest version. From what I understand only the source (you) needs to have the game. I am supposed to be doing an online game within an hour already. I don't have ICQ, but guess I will go get it. We will work this out. The Great Patriotic war cannont be held down by Imperialist Internet connections. Too bad Al gore stole the idea from the real creator of the internet, Mikael Kristinuv.

We decided to restart and go online!

Results were even more devastating this time.

June 22nd, 1941

We destroyed 5 air armys and 5 tanks. That is pretty good I tell ya, I got that important breakthrough on 10th Rifle Corps in Lithuania.

Biyalostok falls.

On all Fronts

Pandemoneum ensues. There is no command, there is no control. Russians flee eastward like animals running from fire. Nazi invaders crush almost all units in their path. Some corps along the front counter attack and take losses greater than they cause.

This could be ugly.

I just came across this 'Screen Capture Utility', Ive downloaded the 'Free-Version'! [so it may not have full functions].

I still don't know how to use it yet [haven't tried to use it at this time], but they indicate that it is real easy to use!.

FRAPS-UTILITY:

http://www.fraps.com/

SO!!!!!!!...'HOPEFULLY ', There's now NO excuse to not see the odd screenshot!.

June 29, 1941

RED ARMY COLLAPS!

The red army is virutally destroyued. The german high command declares the enemy to have been beaten and destroyed in millions.

NORTH

Dvinsk, Kaunas, Vilna and Riga falls. The red army is viped out, we find the escaping air-army and take it out. No enemy airplanes remain in this sector.

CENTER

Minsk falls, Pavlov HQ destroyed. Mop up operations by the infantry, only Brest-Litovsk barely hold its ground.

SOUTH

Tarnopol and Lvov falls. This is a disaster for the russians.

ROMANIA

Steady progress by Antonescu into Bessarabia. Attacks on Kishinev defenders.

Shell shocked troops fall back towards Kiev in the south. There are no troops to be shell-shocked in the central and north. Reserves move to Pskov to slow down Hun invaders heading to Leningrad. Cities in the crucial Orsh gap are being garrisoned.

Beginning of July, 1941, Joseph Stalin pleades to the masses to fight the unholy indader at every turn. Russia mobilizes its manpower.

july 6,

Human errors on the axis side.

Forgot about Finland last turn so Scook had time to reinforce Vyborg. Will be some prolonged fighting there.

On the northern sector we reach Pskov's defences. 27th Army brought down to 1. The german high command are disgusted by the russian strategy of placing corps as speed-bumbs in front of the panzers. Goebbels tells the world of the bolsheviks disregard for their own troops.

In the center we are outside Mogilev.

In the south Zhitomir falls. A bad misclick however place 4th fliegerCorps in the frontline, guess they will have to earn their wings now.

Romanians seize Kishinev and kill of two corps, among them 2nd russian Cavalry Corps.

There is virtually no forces between Germany and the interior of Mother Russia. 37 different formation have been put down, that's 40% of the entire starting army. Soviets do a makeshift defense at Kiev, 1) because it's an old historical fortress and the gateway to the Ukraine, and 2) there are no trains to catch heading east. Romainian front has been slow for the Axis, as they have no tanks in the are.

July 13

Finns start to attack Vyborg with little success.

In the north panzers destroy 1 army and 1 corps outside Pskov but can't enter the city.

In the center Mogilev falls(not dfefended) and Vitebsk attacked.

In the south 1st Pz Army swings from Zhitomir in through a undefended part of the Stalin-line to breach the line and smash 5th Tank Army. By destroying it russian tanks should be down to 4 or 3.

Romanians have crossed the Dniestr, creating a pocket for the northern defenders of the stalin-line on the dniestr.

Hitler in a national broadcast declares the war to have been won. "The bolshevik hordes have been defeated and will never ever rise again. We have crippled the threat to the fatherland!"

4th Tank army duels 48th Pz. Korps on the outskirts of Kiev, 400 Soviet tanks are destroyed, but they take about 150 German tanks with them. Soviet scientists agree the T-26 has now been officially "phased out in flames." 2nd and 3rd Pz. Armies have merged and are at the outskirts of Vitebsk and Smolensk. Our intelligence has determined lack of supply is slowing the advance more than our troops. Stalin has the intelligence officers shot so the information does not leak out and demoralize our men even more.

Witch doctors have been hired to make rain happen in a godless way. More to come.....

July 20,

More great german victories. Pskov falls, the path to Leningrad lays before us. We press into abandoned Estonia.

In the center Vitebsk falls and attacks begin against Smolensk. It's defended by a single russian corps.

In the south the breach in Kiev defences continue. The city won't last for long.

Romanians and 11th Army are slowed by russian tanks. But they will soon outflank the enemy and reach Odessa.

2nd Tank army is having fun at the Romanian's exspense. the invaders are a looong way from odesa, don't believe all the propaganda. Some new armies show up, and help in the defense of Smolensk and Kiev. Who they are is meaningless right now except as historical footnotes in German history books.

Sidenote: Russian bombers mistakenly bomb one of our own cities right before Germans occupy it. The idea of Scorched Earth takes fire in the hearts of the Russia people.

July 27, 1941

The german high command announce that the battle for Smolensk is over. It has ended in a crushing german victory against the god-less hordes of bolshevism.

Finland reports that Vyborg has fallen, the defence of Leningrad is reeling, south of the city 41st and 56th Panzer continue their triumphant march and reach the outskirts of Novgorod. Heavy fighting against 1st Tank Army.

In the south german forces slug their way into the northern parts of the city. Russian defences are making a hopeless stand against the liberators.

In a broadcast Joseph Goebbels tells the truth about the bombings of Mogilev; "The Communist criminals sent their bombers to destroy the supply of Mogilev which only was at a level of 1. So low is the bolshevik regard for their own citizens that they bomb them. A high russian official, let's call him Scook even told us on a transmission that he rather see them killed than sign up for us. These crimes against humanity can not pass without reprcusions. We will deal with that pig Stalin as we did with his horde of bombers that got shot down immediately".

22nd and 44th Armies attack and stall 39th Panzer. Losses are heavy on both sides, so action tapers off until reinforcements can come up. Peasants in front of Moscow dig trenches as new troops come up. Street fighting in Kiev is heavy, as 2 Panzer corps and 4 infantry corps move to encircle the city. Odessa Front is the only successful area for Russian propaganda. Retreats from the Romanians are orderly.

No rain in site, just heading into August.

August 3,

Novgorod falls.

Massive russian losses all along the front. Losses stand at 55 russian land units and 7 air armies to 0 axis losses.

In fact the most common cause for axis losses are mental illness after slaughtering russians week after week.