Advanced Third Reich Scenario

Rebuilding Units In Surrounded Cities and North African Supply for the Allies

I'm playing the Advanced Third Reich scenario (playing the Allies, it's Feb 1944, Berlin has fallen, Germany has moved it's capital to Munich) I apologize in advance if the questions I'm about to ask have already been answered in another thread.

1. When a city is surrounded why is the garrison unit allowed to be rebuilt to full strength?

2. When attacking Tobrok (sp?) in North Africa I cannot maintain supplies long enough to take the city. Any advice?

In the mods forum there is a separate A3R thread for this scenario. This should be moved.

#1 is a generic game issue. A unit’s maximum reinforcement value is first reduced based on supply, and then, if the maximum reinforcement value is > 5, further reductions may be applied based on whether the unit is completely isolated.

For Tobruk, Axis has supply problems due to the Malta event script. Allies have supply problems due to range. For both sides, a combination of good HQ placement, air and bomber bombardments, and strong attacks is needed to take the fortress. And isolate the garrison to keep it from rebuilding to full strength. Tobruk is tough to take from either direction, but not impossible.

After putting sometime into this version of A3R I still find it amazingly fun but I am finding the AI very poor for the Axis.

I am not sure the difficulty in teaching the AI to take Poland but it takes the normal one turn Axis defeat of Poland to a new high of about 5 months.

Instead of the Air pounding Warsaw and then a tank freely moving in it wants to kill all the units in Poland which just takes forever.

If the AI could be retrained I believe the Axis might stand a chance but with Poland still being alive when France starts that put the Axis in the whole.

Jim