used waw editor first time , what goes here?

Used the editor for the first time, changing Honch's artillery from range one to a range two, he was going to do that anyhow, worked fine, to you editor pros "yeah so what" to me a computer nerd [dumbkoff]I produced a miracle. I added land hexes to Wake, Midway, Oahu islands in Sami's waw global mod, the idea being to make possible the invasion of these islands by Japanese forces and vice versa I placed land hex's on some of the Japanese islands so the U.S. could invade by sea. My question is why didn't you modders do that? Maybe not feasible. Even though the size proportion might not be to accurate[it isn't] I think for game play it would be acceptable. The problem with this for me anyway is how do you tell the American forces to take advantage of a bigger Oahu and place strong forces there as the AI. Any pros or cons about this and can't Hubert put this into the global mod [bigger islands] that they are working on?

Willy

Congratulations on breaking the ice with the editor! Soon your journey to the Dark Side will be complete...

I can't speak for the other modders, but I'll say if you want an accurate scale map for these larger PTO or global games then the island tiles become an issue. Without unit stacking, you need to make some of these islands (or island groups) larger to accomodate enough units. Then you get a map that looks funky. Until Hubert makes some changes, modders are kinda stuck.

I have a few ideas on these islands and am working on something that should give reasonable results. It won't be perfect but it should be a fair compromise.

Unfortunately time is not something I have in abundance so don't expect anything in the near future.

Besides... now that PDE is pretty much wrapped up, I should get back on to my Star Trek mod tongue.gif

The Pacific mod I am working on will continue right after that.