CM combined with SC2?

Has anyone considered combining CM with SC2? It doesn't even have to be perfect. Just have an SC2 battle done with auto settings in CM. The weather, terrain, quality of troops, morale, technology of gear, etc could be macro'd into the CM editor and scaled to within the playability parameters of CM. It would make for a much longer game.....but then I'm for a much longer play time.

Thoughts?

I don't think using the SC2 editor here is applicable. Actually, the editor in CM would be the tool to use. However, generating a map, units, weax, etc for each battle you encounter in SC2 would be tedious. Especially for someone who just wants to play the game, not generate scenarios and argue with the opponent the details of who gets what in the CM scenario. It would be better for a computer guru dude to write code for a macro that would use the output of SC2 possible battle parameters, convert it to CM, and then take the results of the CM battle and port them back into SC2.

Let's see how Combat Mission Campaigns turns out, which is basically what you want but only on the Eastern Front....If it is a success, then who knows what games will be launched using the new engine....

[ July 11, 2006, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: J P Wagner ]

As we were bored on work, a colleague and me had an interesting idea.. we wanted to combine three games. On the european theater level we wanted to use Strategic Command 2... and for every fight (i.e. a german Army is attacking a russian Corps) to occur the computer has to generate a Panzer General Map, to play this on the divisional or even regiment/batailon size... and if wanted every clash on the tactical level can be as well played in Blitzkrieg RTS... down to the least tank and soldier.

Level I: SC2 strategic gameplay

Level II: Panzer General-like tactical gameplay for every clash of Level I

Level III: Blitzkrieg RTS for every clash of 2 units of Level II

I know this isn`t realistic... but a nice dream, isn`t it? And I think it would take decades to play one game :)