A warning from Goran Hrvatkovic

Ok, firstly the clip is extremely amusing and please enjoy it. I think it , with humour, addrsssing some of the issues of the whole Nazi image fetish.

To answer your question Desert Dave:

Collecting any kind of memorobilia is in itself a little odd. But oddness makes people interesting I guess. The collecting thing is a paticular male trait. Oh yes shoes, clother etc for women but obseeing to search and categorise random baseball cards, 70s punk records, etc is a guy thing.

Most collectors get stuff because they like it (records, wine, violins, antique toys, star wars figures, Beatles ticket stubs from 1964) or it reminds them of something good. They liked star wars films as a kid. Or The Clash. Or they love 18th century string music.Or George Harrison. Or they yearn for time when children could be happy with a wooden spinning top. It glorifies their pet hobby.

So war memorobilia is always a little odd. War is basically a bad thing. People die. For older wars I can see that it is so far removed from modern life that it just seen as, at worst a little pointless. Napoleonic musket balls etc.

But WW2 is different. one it is still quite recent. two it was so devastating. and three it was clear that one side, paticularly one part of that side, the SS, were evil and despicable. Many of the collectors, in my limited experience, seem to have some sympathy with the SS.

Am I suggesting that it should be forgotten ? of course not. Go to a war memorial or Holocaust musuem. But to fascinate oneself with the trinkets of mass butchery suggests something darker.

Hellraiser , in jest, raises a good point. Why stop at the rabbit's foot emblem. why not the human teeth pulled by an SS office from a butchered Ukrainain Jewish baby? How much would they get on ebay? More with a faded photo of a totenkopf officer actually doing the tooth pulling I'm sure. Signed by Uber Lt Schmit. Maybe in blood. gotta be a collectors item that one.

It's just history right?

That's why I say you people have issues.

Rambo, you suggested flagging this post. We don't agree on much but if this forum is going to turn into one where sick people talk about trading SS office badges then please get it flagged.

That's why I say you people have issues.

I still don't see where you NAME anyone,

Nor, what "issue" you are talking about.

Some general, dry as dust comment, as tho

You were some clean-hand academic

Squeaking yer chalk on a black-board.

But, I'll say it out - plain.

These creeping out-of-the-crypt

Pansy-ass Neo-Fascists are scum.

The kind of scum you would find

In a toilet

Hasnt' been flushed since August, 1945.

Whenever I find one of these

Sorts of prick-less punks,

I most fervently hope there are no

Cops around - not for 50 miles

In any direction,

Nor,

No ACLU neither.

That's when I'm feeling charitable.

As for Lorelie and Hardy-har-har

(... AKA: Clay & Goren)

I ain't gettin'

Yer message.

Say it straight out,

Stand up,

Be a man

Has got a soul.

What the hell are you 2

Cutesy-pie Cats - talking about? :confused:

Dave and Minty, both of you. It's true the collection of something from an Organization of Hardcore Murderers seems frightening. However, to me anyway, in this day age, not shocking. As the Black Men I use to work on the bus with would collect automatic weapons and bragg about it, and how he would listen to his hardcore music telling him that Bin Laden was a righteous Brother and that his own people should follow suite... Collecting these Free Speech records?

I hate to say it but most people who look at these young Neo-Nazi punks do not realize something, what they've endured. Some are spoilt little rotten Suburban kids, and others have been put through "The Rotten System," we've created, not cleaned and come out hating just as those Nazis did so many years ago. Yes I'm 30, so I may not understand everything. Though Right now as we speak, in a school in Iran Mickey Mouse is saying, "Burn the Infidel Americans," And then he's hugging and kissing the kiddies!

Well, that isn't memorabilia..or some sick closet Nazi. I'd rather a Guy wears his Swatika on his chest, where I come from, 50% black... 5% Hispanic... They have no shame in wearing their Gang Colours on their head and calling you names!

Well, something needs to be done about all this! It's all plain wrong, the whole rotten thing, and I don't believe the Upperclass Care... I point you both to a Movie and I suggest that you might sample it, "V for Vendetta," I though it quite refreshing on the System and it's Corrupt Ways...

My Friends we live in a Corrupt society.. Certianly there are good people in it, if only they were educated righteously and lead properly. We need the right elements "Today"

One of my Morale Speeches, a bit twisted and bit dark but reflective of someone who has sat down in the trenches of both the Germans, the Africans, the Jews, the Poor white Trash, the Rich... I believe we all live many lives and we try every route.. And to say all this being a female could be worse than all of the above! tongue.gif That is a hard life

Dave and Minty, both of you. It's true the collection of something from an Organization of Hardcore Murderers seems frightening.
It ain't enny matter of being "frightened,"

Not EVEN close, rather

Remaining - unto Omega... ever VIGILANT.

If there is going to be a Nazi revival,

Anywhere - it will be in America.

The White Cats are, increasingly,

Fearful their (... largely) ill-begotten gains

Will be snatched away by the Hordes.

It's a huge topic, covering

2500 years of human history,

And NO WAY can we do it justice

Here and now.

I'll mention that both you and Minty

Have made some valid points,

And each in your own unique way,

Being better, more "understandable"

Writers than I.

I can respect that.

Though Right now as we speak, in a school in Iran Mickey Mouse is saying, "Burn the Infidel Americans," And then he's hugging and kissing the kiddies!

If foreign troops were occupying YOUR

Land, oh, let's say for nearly

A whole Century now,

How would you - personally,

Take that?

Would you stand idly by while these

Foreign occupiers tromped all over

Your most cherished, sacred, holy

And private places?

I think not.

America's fealty to Israel is opportunistic

And, likely, IMHO, will merely continue

So long as there is OIL to be had.

OTOH, yep, these COWARDS who would kill

Innocents,

In the name of their god,

Are as... anathema.

We got 'em here in USA too.

Enough for now... I am out of Town

For a week or 2 or 3 depending

On what happens where I am going.

Yet... finally, curiosity surely

Intrigues any old alley cat, as me:

And to say all this being a female could be worse than all of the above! tongue.gif
Are you of the female persuasion,

So to speak?

If so, you've fooled!

The magic flute right outta my mouth! smile.gif

[ May 23, 2007, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Desert Dave ]

Originally posted by Desert Dave:

America's fealty to Israel is opportunistic

And, likely, IMHO, will merely continue

So long as there is OIL to be had.

DD (or if he doesn't see this in time, anyone), can you explain to me how support for Israel helps America in oil terms?

I'm not asking whether they should support Israel, or what their motives might be if not oil. I just can't see a (positive) connection between US support for Israel and ME oil.

Thanks [/hijack]

Yep, this site has its share of German Worshippers. I observed that instantly, so this is no surprise.

Whatever...have a dose of Dresden. Worship that.

If you're reading this, thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English, thank a U.S. soldier.