Sweet Jesus! I can download it tonight!

Got my email re: my preorder.

And it's a 3 day weekend.

I've already told my wife not to expect to see me much friday or saturday!! smile.gif

Thanks to everbody for their hard work, I'll be downloading my copy in mere minutes... and I look forward to my copy in the mail!!

(giddy laughter!)

JP

Great news, please let us know how long the download takes. We are curious as to the speeds most people see.

Once you guys start getting the game and getting it activated, please let us know what you think about the whole eLicense process as well. We looked long and hard for a competent system that was both effective but more importantly EASY TO USE and as unobtrusive as possible. We think we found one in eLicense. We hope you guys feel the same.

Madmatt

To amend my post....I was wrong. The file that downloaded in under an hour was NOT the complete file.

The second attempt only reached 89% and the BF servers will NOT allow resume.

So, after being really happy, I'm now really frustrated and still don't have the file.

JP

[ April 13, 2006, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Jon Patrick ]

Yes, hard to believe but you guys really overran our server yesterday, and still are. Hard to believe especially when you'd know what kind of server that is. We knew how many pre-orders there were, but apparently our vendor was cought out of balance by how quickly everybody was going to jump on the announcement. It's also great to see so many international customers make use of the new download option, we hoped that it would be the case, but the percentage is even higher than expected.

We still have to queue download requests, but all the necessary calls and arrangements were made to increase bandwidth allowance even more, so sometime today things should improve noticeably, and we've certainly learned an important lessons for the official launch of the digital delivery platform in a few days.

Thanks for your patience, everybody, and for going through these "birth pains" with us...

Martin

Moon,

One thing that's really surprising to me is that my download manager (download express)tells me that "resume" isn't supported.

On the part of those 'starched shirts', this just seems daft! This means that if I get 112 out of 115 mB, I have to start all over!

Thanks again for all!

JP

Jon, it's possible that your download manager does not recognize properly at first that resumes are supported because the link to the file is dynamic and encrypted. I had that happen on DAP once as well. And yet, when I stopped the download, I was able to resume, and DAP switched to "resume supported". I am not suggesting that you try it now ;) but I am guessing that this is what would happen if your download would stop prematurely.

Martin

I don't know download express unfortunately, but GetRight and DAP users have no problems in getting it to resume. Maybe there are some settings in DE that you can tweak?

With resume or not, there is no reason why it should go so slow or stop at 50%, by the way. Now that we're queuing downloads, everybody that gets to download has a pretty decent chunk of bandwidth available. There have been no timeouts reported since last night other than the problem you're having.

Martin

By the way, why don't you try this: when you have to restart your download from scratch, pause or stop it manually (or whatever function DE gives you) after a few hundred KB. See if maybe this prompts it to recognize that it can resume... it's what I did with DAP the one time that it didn't auto-resolve.

Martin

Just an update.

I 'throttled' DE down to 20kb/s this mornign before I left, and it downloaded fine.

I havent' played with any settings to figure out if there IS a 'tweak' I needed (I've used DE for years and love it and never had a problem like this).

It may have been dropping the download at my router... the friggin' rate was 130kb/s and I have NEVER seen that speed on my DSL before! I'm thinking my airport may have just choked on all that goodness!

Regardless, I don't know about the resume because I got it now...hmmm, play SC2 or play with download express.

not a contest.

Thanks for your concern and help. Once again, you are awesome.

Jp