I am playing strategic command against the computer on the fall of france secenerio. I have the computer turned to the hardiest difficulty level, and without any bonus!! But i just can't beat the AI as axis because the american and british are just to powerful. Please help me and give tips. I had no trouble beating russia back and taking moscow, leningrade and stalingrade but i do not know how to eliminate russia from the game!!

To eliminate Russia you need to take Moscow, Stalingrad AND the cities in the Urals mountains.

Once they surrender it will give you a bunch of MPPs and all your troops will be free to take on the Western allies.

As well do not forget to leave a units on EACH russia city to avoid partisans taking them back.

SC, maybe you should change your screen name to "Tragic Command". :D

Nice to hear the AI has gotten so competent.

Try building the two Axis engineer units and fortifying France, the western european atlantic coast a couple of tiles inland.

Set up your air and artillery defenses in the forts(of course w/HQ support), all the while running east into USSR like sh!t through a tin goose. :cool:

Nice to hear the AI has gotten so competent.
This does prompt a question. The AI has definitely been improving over the years, despite the hoard of AI naysayers who cannot possibly imagine a challenging computer opponent. The AI in SC2-PDE has some additional upgrades to improve performance, so watch out.

New Event and AI scripting, plus experience gained by scenario developers for writing clever and complex scripts, means that the SC2 series is reaching an important milestone where the AI is in fact "competent." Fine-tuned to be a modest challenge on default difficulty levels, it could actually become nearly impossible to beat on the highest difficulty levels.

So. Should the AI be beatable at even the highest difficulty levels, just to satisfy some need to beat a dumb machine?

No! The AI should operate under the same conditions as a human opponent. Although it lacks the reasoning power of the human brain it is also not limited by that organic restraint.

The AI has the ability to process numbers and hence the risk factors in a more defined manner, which most of the time is advantageous.

Since in the end, IMO SC has a limited set of possibilities, the AI will eventually be programmed to recognize every pattern of opposing response, it should be the winner.

If the set approached infinity then the human abstract thought should rein.

Agree 100% with Seamonkey. The AI should never be limited so we can beat it. If it could beat me without any advantages (i.e. the same points as a human opponent), then I could always give myself an advantage in points! I don't expect that any time soon though.

Having said that SC2 has remarkably good AI. A fantastic effort.

Hunter