Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Where are german paratrooprs in WaW?

Coming back to SC2 after long hiatus via WaW. I'm going through old SC2 manual tutorial. It references german paratroopers in production queue for Jan 1940. I don't see these anymore!!! Have they been removed? if so why? 200 mmp is a lot to pay to get them back :-( Also norway gets a lot harder...

Did some searching but didn't find anything on this. Please advise.

On a different note any fancier looking terrain tiles out there someone would recommend?

thanks. the tutorial references them being there in the original manual but doesn't matter. Why aren't they so shown.

BTW i am also noticing things like the corps transport to attack denmark now can't reach on turn 2. Also I have only one tactical air now as opposed to 3 air flotillas. So seems like poland will be harder. Should I use fighters as ground attack as well?

If there is a particularly good summary spot of discussion of impact of changes would appreciate ptr. thanks!

Lparkh, welcome to the "Game Forum", there is an additional FJ unit in the build screen, you get 2 total as Germans, 3 as Axis if you build the Italian one.

Corps in Konigsberg can reach Stockholm on second turn but before you "Amphib" them you must cover all the sea and port tiles, except for 71,16(which they will embark into), with your naval forces.

Use fighters at your discretion for ground attack, they will need experience and elite reinforcements to get to their former SC2 airfleet status, but they can get there. smile.gif

Fall Weiss Poland surrender is same difficulty as before.

There is a pdf file with the game, DL or CD, and on BF website for a summary of WaW/SC2 changes.

Thanks for help so far. Love all the more sophisticated scripts (including help scripts that tell me for example how much to garrison Poland).

One thing I am struggling with conditions under which I can have elite reinforcements. Manual says when not next to enemies ..but seems more unpredictable then that. even tried in cities. i see available occasionally but cannot figure out trigger conditions. really want them so can preserve my experienced units's experience. presume thatis worth it?

Can't be understrength to add elite reinforcements, must be at 10. I suppose a design decision...might be nice to have the option, but perhaps since Germany accumulates the most experience early it is a balance issue.

Look at it this way, if you keep your experienced units overstrengthed then hopefully they will not fall below 10 and will not lose experience when reinforcing.