Subs at Gibraltar

After watching the movie "The Boat" ("Das Boot") I was wondering wether Gibraltar should be closed for submarines as well. I think submarines sould be able to attempt to sneak through the port of Gibraltar. Depending on enemy presence in and around Gibraltar the attempt could:

a.) fail and / or

b.) result in the sub taking damage

c.) the sub being destroyed.

One of the few areas the Italians were exceptional in was their submarine arm. They were very good at sneaking past Gibraltar, also very good with midget submarines and frogmen. They actually had some of them operating in Gibraltar itself out of an abandoned freighter.

Once in the Atlantic, however, Italian subs were generally useless. Their large class was already obsolete at the start of the war. They'd have been useful in a milk cow role, but the Italian Navy wanted to say they'd played apart against Allied shipping. One has to wonder why the Italian subs didn't just stay in the Mediteranean instead of going to the Atlantic with German subs going to the Med to suppliment their efforts at home.

A big mistake, really. Germany kept a lot of it's (ocean worthy) subs in the North Sea and sent a lot of them to the Mediteranean. If they'd all been operating in the Atlantic against Allied shipping they'd have been much more effective.

Ah, just one more thing (if you're not done for today with granting wishes). I really liked the idea mentioned in an older threat to introduce further attributes for HQ units ("Leaders and ratings discussion - Hubert please read"). Maybe increase movement points for units under Guderians command or increase offensive strenght for tanks under Rommels command etc. Would be very difficult to manage in terms of balancing but would also add some "character" to HQs. Any news on that decision?

Sorry. I know I am being greedy.