Historical Photos in SC2?

Yes. Each unit will have a list of successful campaigns it has participated in as well as a list of captured cities or resources. For example, Poland ’39, Stalingrad ’42.
Excellent feature. Really adds flavor to the game. Question: How are campaigns named?

As a related issue, will it be possible for players to add an image of the ship, tank, plane or general, to the right of the description of the unit at the bottom of the screen.

When I click on the HQ unit for Eisenhower I would like to see a picture of Eisenhower to the right of the HQ's stats. When I click on a UK warship I would like to see a picture of the ship to the right of the stats.

UK Ship: Nelson

nelson1.jpg

Eisenhower:

eisenhower.jpg

Additionaly, when selecting a country on the Diplomatic Screen it would be nice to see a portrait of that country's leader.

Stalin:

Stalin.gif

I realize that these changes are not needed and merely chrome, but they would certainly add to the historical atmosphere of the game.

[ November 06, 2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Additionally, I wonder if it would be possible for players to add event popups that include photos?

For example:

IF USA Troops Land in Iceland:

10% Popup: American Troops practice Gunnery skills after arriving in Iceland

SC180293t.jpg

IF USA Troops Liberate Salerno

10% Popup: Italians Welcome American Troops who liberated Sicily.

SC180521t.jpg

Note: This pictures are public domain images from the US Army: www.army.mil

[ November 06, 2004, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

No plans at the moment for this kind of functionality... as expected, most of the focus is on getting the core game up and functional while the extra chrome like this is just a bonus as time permits.

For campaign names, I am just thinking of something simple like, using the Poland '39 example, all the units that took part in let's say the capitulation of Poland, i.e. all Axis units in Poland when it surrenders etc.