Lars vs Stalin AAR - v 1.01

Guest Mike

Warsaw uprisings, soviet massacres and the holocaust are all treated the ame i pretty much every wargame of WW2 - they are ignored.

I did an exam question once on how much resource the Third Reich used for the Holocaust, and how much difference it might have made if put to more "constructive" uses such as fighting the war :eek:

Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

Warsaw uprisings, soviet massacres and the holocaust are all treated the ame i pretty much every wargame of WW2 - they are ignored.

I did an exam question once on how much resource the Third Reich used for the Holocaust, and how much difference it might have made if put to more "constructive" uses such as fighting the war :eek:

That is why the Axis do so well in these games, players don't bother with the Holocaust. Hehe.

Lars yea I get lazy too with ships and 'risk it' I sure wish the movement system was refind so that we could use some of the AP's switch to other tasks then come back to that unit if it still had AP's left.

Yep - 1 U-boat less to worry about for very little loss.

Iraq goes +35% allied, which will make the investment worthwhile! smile.gif

Don't count on that snow Lars and it is hard to ski in the mud smile.gif Last night I played a game as the Axies and to save MP, pump up my chits in Spain I 'drove' my army across westerm Europe after Poland fail. Well I had my usal good luck. The Allies had either clear weather or snow the entire winter and I kid you not, the entire winter all my turns were mud. No matter I had my troops in place as good weather came in the spring and proceded to roll from there.

And what's worse they're trapped in hte Skaggerack - Denmark is still neutral so they can't go that way, and the RN's battleships are blocking the exit to the north sea - can the LW come to their rescue??!!

I hope so - it's make a nice change from most of my games where I seem to have a knack for getting the RN wiped out!! :(

LW and army attacks wipe out the garrison of Copenhagen, but he hasn't got any units to occupy it, so he can't get his fleet (1 x 1 pt cruiser) away.

Instead invades Benelux & takes it in the standard 1 turn.

RN wipes out the remainder of the current Kriegsmarine - Raeder can command the captured Belgian and Dutch fleets until Bismark arrives! tongue.gif

Yep - caught the atlantic sub by accident, then caught the other 2 coming into hte Nth Sea one at a time - and he bought his cruisers out to try to save the last one - but they were both on hte Denmark side of hte straight between Denmark & Norway & couldn't escape - bye bye krigsmarine.

Makes a nice change from what usually happens to the RN in my hands!! :D

Lars did - but only really easily!! smile.gif

you were only hitting 30 pts per turn on hte Canadian route - and not hitting the US route at all so the Brits were getting 90 or so pts per turn from the Yanks IIRC.

I was expecting more of a fight to get hte US army to Britain tho - hence bought another cruiser for the Yanks and radar & ASW - it all cost a fortune :(