Iraqi independance(during WW2 before someone says this is off-topic)

I don't get why Iraq is presented as an independant nation in SC1 while Syria is still presented as a French colony.

I think I have found the reason for this but according to this source(BBC,RAF report) the 'coup d'état' didn't happen until 1941 and even then the British were fighting against them because of the valuable oil recources in the area.And I read somewhere that in the end they prevailed in taking control over the oil derricks.So maybe this would be a nice event to include in the game, like the Yugoslavian partisans.

an army assembled by the dissident Iraqi Prime Minister 'Rachid Ali el Ghailani' seized power in Iraq in a coup d'état on the 3rd of April 1941. He was an Axis sympathiser and his well-trained army consisted of some 9000 troops equipped with howitzers, armoured cars, anti-tank and anti-aircraft guns.

BBC, RAF report

I'm not sure why Iraq is an independant nation in SC, but I'd like to see British troops in Iraq at a start of war, and then a message come in 1941 saying something like "Iraq has rebelled" and then several partisans appearing in Iraq.