I'm slightly confused. What is the point of posting all of this statistical information?

If its in a effort to "prove" a point or show "expertise", its the wrong way to go about it.

Reading statistical information is just the start of a long process in trying to understand what it means. The numbers themselves are meaningless unless you understand the why.

Have no professional military background but want to become a WWII expert? There is no better book to give you an understanding of war than this...

How to Make War (Fourth Edition) : A Comprehensive Guide to Modern Warfare in the Twenty-first Century

by James F. Dunnigan (Paperback - April 1, 2003)

From here, this one gives some good insights into the "why" of WWII.

Dirty Little Secrets of World War Ii : Military Information No One Told You...

by James F. Dunnigan (Paperback - March 14, 1996)

And if you really want to pursue the subject, there is no better way to start then by reading the fifty (50) books listed here...

The World War II Bookshelf: Fifty Must-Read Books

by James F. Dunnigan (Hardcover - April 1, 2004)

Then there is the flip side of learning Systems Analysis and Design, assuming you are capable of learning how to program. I won't bother with detailing this.

And for those of you who are not aware, Mr. Dunnigan (the author above), is the same Dunningan of S&T fame from 20 or so years ago. What was called the "Golden Age" of wargaming (though we are in a "Renassiance Age" currently).

So don't bombard us with statistics... put together a reasonable argument supporting your position on something you feel is missing.

Or simply ask why something is the way it is in the hopes we all can learn something from the answers.

Why dont you 'slightly UNCONFUSE-YOURSELF!' and stick it where the Sun Don't Shine... SHAKA THE SH** HEAD ...there are always questions regarding facts for almost everything under the sun here...generating tons of questions that need not be asked if the information is at their fingertips.

I have had enough of your chronic B*tch*ng and complaining. If you were were i was i would shove a P*ke up Your Rear!.

You profess to be some kind of expert on everything,...and Everybody-Else is some kind of Amatuer..."Who made YOU High & Mighty"...did someone shove an Egg-Beater through your Ear and Scramble your Brains???,...yet i see that your analysis is flawed or incorrectly understood..by 'YOU'... enough times to make you not what you think you are!.

So Pee-Off...you Clueless Wonder!.

The STATISTICS are all concentrated in ONE or TWO... Topics... YOU-DONT-HAVE-TO-FORCE-YOURSELF-TO-READ-IT ...GO read something else...You supposed KNOW-IT-ALL,...it wasn't for YOU anyway!.

[ December 14, 2004, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

I have to say, reading your post Retributar, I was a bit shocked.

That crap might be fine out in the General Discussions zone, where no one really seems to care if someone's opinion gets slam dunked like what you just did.

But it's a bit of a foul if you ask me, to go into a game's specific forum, and talk like that.

I am like Shaka on this one, I can talk the talk, without the need to smash the topic over the head with my extensive libary. And I don't mind saying, my library likely exceeds most.

Statistics have a place, and that place is usually not in light conversation.

As it goes, I own ALL of Dunnigans wargaming related books.

It's why I can look at a wargame and know if it's on the mark or off the mark with a design feature.

I really think you should reconsider your remark.

Tsk, tsk tsk. Seems someone has a thin skin.

Its always so safe to say what you could do or would do when you are behind your keyboard. Those who are capable of what you threaten, have no need to shout about it. They just do it. Remember that before you make a mistake and say what you wrote, face to face to the wrong person.

I could be mistaken, but I have never said I was the expert, so what I say is right and everyone else is wrong. I simply offer what I believe is correct and my reasoning behind it. Thats how reasonable people debate.

See? No reason to throw a tantrum to show you disagree with someone. Just say you disagree and leave it at that, if you can't present a reasonable argument.

Btw, I live in Los Angeles... let me know when you get around my neck of the woods.