Visual Capability_SandStorms/SnowStorms!.

I've come to the conclusion that "VISUAL-CAPABILITY"...is presently "too generous!!!" during 'Sandstorms & Snowstorms...and perhap's also Cloudy-Rainy weather'!.

Should this not be considered?, as we strive to achieve a realistic [True-To-Real-Life] atmosphere in this game?.

"WEATHER-EFFECT'S" would then perhap's spin-off into taking on MISSION'S that would normally not be chanced!.

...Such as the 'assault/gamble' through the 'Thick-Ardenne-Forest' [Reasonably Suspected To Be IMPASSABLE To Tanks ]-[ In WINTER DURING A SNOWSTORM ]-[ Battle Of The Bulge ]...wherein the German's tried to capture the American Fuel-Dump's,...and also try to get to 'Antwerp' in order to split the British & American 'solid-front effectiveness' against the German forces!.

"Splitting the American & British forces",... depending on how effective it actually became?, may have permitted the German's to be able to seek some kind of negotiated settlement on the war in Europe, and would have permitted Hitler to then carry-on with his 'Weapons Research & Development'... as well as then to be able to possibly reshift some of his European Western forces and his forces in Italy...to the 'Eastern Front!.

Im just thinking outloud as to how a realistic Weather Simulation could effect the playability of this game!.

[ June 21, 2008, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

Retributar what you say makes alot of sense.Look how important the weather was throughout ww2 and all wars.Wacht am Rhein and D-Day were greatly dependent on the weather.I dont know what else could be done to make weather effects more realistic.It opens so many(maybe to many)possibilites.

The only thing with weather when your playing the fall weiss campaign, most turns are minimum of one week, and some almost 2 months. You can't say in that week, or month span, there weren't some clear days for flight. I would agree on campaigns that were a daily turn minimum or week max. As it is now in Fall Weiss (weather wise) I've seen my planes grounded for 6 months due to weather, which I think is unrealistic. But it is random, so sometimes, your luck goes the other way.