Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Cool Defect or is it a Feature?

I just tested this stuff, Rambo is right:

I ordered the red engineer to build some trenches near Sevastopol (the'F' sign appeared on the engineer) then, while he was busy working on the fort, I transported him to Rostow (without cancelling the 'fortify' order) and then back in Sevastopol and then back to Rostow (he landed on a different tile than after the first trip to Rostow). Each time, after the engineer landed, the 'F' sign was stuck on him.

The fort was ready near Rostow, on the last tile he actually landed on!!!

While I noticed that you do not have access to 'operate' function while engineer is building stuff, without first to cancel the 'Fortify' order , you do, however, have access to 'Transport' and 'Amphib transport' orders, without having first to cancel the 'Fortify' order.

Guess it is in Mr. HC's yard now smile.gif

Later edit:

Tested some more: I ordered the engineer to build a fort near Sevastopol and shipped him to Rostow (directly on the city tile) - he completed the fort, destroying the city.

OTOH, you cannot order the engineer to build directly on the city tile, the fortify option ain't available.

Nice tactic: buy german engineer and destroy all cities on the coast - no more D-day because no more supply :D:D:D

This is an old bug I reported in the times of v 1.0, apparently it got only half fixed.

The solutions appear quite simple - deactivate all options while fortifying and only allow them if you first issued the 'cancel' order

[ September 13, 2006, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: hellraiser ]