Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

D-Day Scenario and Entrenchment

Im no final authority on Naval Bombardment, nor Air Bombardment, but in my studies of WW2 i have noticed that very-usually these massive bombarment's are largely ineffective or marginally effective!.

There are situation's, such as the 'Falaise-Gap', where in this instance 'Air-Bombardment', seem to finally do the job that it was intended too!.

Perhap's the crowd here can show 'many more' example's of effective Naval & Air Bombardment to throw 'Mud' in my face!.

Hi Sean,

It will when the naval bombardment actually strikes a unit on top of a resource. A small change from SC1 was that naval and bomber attacks on units on a resource are treated as two separate attacks, i.e. one attack is against the resource and the secondary attack is against the unit albeit at a low ~10% chance of success. The % chance that a secondary attack against a unit will be successful can be increased for each level of Gun Laying Radar and Heavy Bombers respectively.

HC, I was already aware there is 2 seperate Calculators, however the big difference is that Heavy Bombers 3 or 4 is much more effective than GLR 1 or 2 ;) People can also use a Resource to protect a unit... just place AA upgrades on it, A little bit sneaky!

An interesting question ASW is the counter to subs 4 or 5... Which is a deadly weapon, but why limit GLR if you do not limit subs? Why not just increase the expense to 125 MPPs instead make it a full 3 or 5 Tech? smile.gif It would make the Italian and German Navy useful past 1940

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Hi Sean,

It will when the naval bombardment actually strikes a unit on top of a resource. A small change from SC1 was that naval and bomber attacks on units on a resource are treated as two separate attacks, i.e. one attack is against the resource and the secondary attack is against the unit albeit at a low ~10% chance of success. The % chance that a secondary attack against a unit will be successful can be increased for each level of Gun Laying Radar and Heavy Bombers respectively.