Hotkeys freezing up...minor annoyance

I have a weird problemm when I play CMBB which crops up intermittently.

When I play, I turn on bases, flags and warning labels on during the order phase to see what is going on and turn them off for the action phase.

When I play for a long time at one stretch, over 1 or 2 hours, the keys will sometimes freeze in position, meaning that I can't turn off flags, bases or warning labels even though the game still plays normally. Exiting the game and restarting it does not solve the problem, but if I reboot my computer and restart the game the problem is resolved.

It's a minor annoyance, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen this and knows what causes it.

I originally thought that my computer was not powerful enough, but I recently upgraded from a 1.2 ghz Athlon @ 100 mhz with 512 mb of SDRAM @ 133 mhz to a 3 ghz PIV @ 800 mhz with 1 GB of DDR @ 400 mhz, and this issue still occasionally crops up on my new rig.

Do any keyboard shortcuts work in CM at this point when you can't turn off the flags and bases ? If you exit CM at this point, do you have keyboard problems in any other programs ?

What Windows version are you running ? Do you have keyboard problems in any other program ? Do you have anything running in the background (instant messaging clients, utilities, etc.) ?

No the keyboard works fine in other programs. I will have to check but I believe all CMBB hotkeys are frozen although I can still give orders, change the view and the game will still function.

I have Windows XP professional with SP1. Other than Windows, the only program I have running in the background is Goback. I turn all other programs including windows messenger and the internet off.

My system:

-PIV 3 ghz;

-1 GB kingston Hyper X DDR 400;

-Abit is-7 mb with latest bios;

-Antec case with 430 watts power;

-PNY GFX 5900/128 mb w. 52.16 drivers;

-Hercules gametheater GXP soundcard with latest 6.09 drivers;

-WD Raptor 10,000 K 36 GB drive;

currently running CMBB special edition ( although the issue also cropped up on my previous regular CMBB install patched to 1.03) with the cmmos mods on disk 2 and Ncrawler's sound pack.