When the demo arrives, this might help...

I am unaware of what the cost is to BF from all the downloads of files from BF, nor is it my business.

But I have become really sold on the use of the Bit Torrent software method of file transfer.

http://www.bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

Unlike something such as Kazaa (which is today now only a good way to cram your computer with viruses and spyware), Bit Torrent software is used even by legitimate businesses to move legitimate files fast and efficiently.

Thus, a business could employ it, and not have to concern themselves with any "issues" over doing so.

Bit torrent files are just a type of file, or in other words, the file is made a torrent file, and the user must have the Bit torrent software installed on their computer to actually download that sort of file.

The advantage is, that files moved as torrents, are group based assisted file transfers.

Or in other words, the day the SC2 demo is released, it would not require that BF be the only one paying for the bandwidth to get it to the fans.

Anyone with the file, could in fact be sponsoring the sharing of the file, and thus potentially aiding BF in getting it out, without fielding the entire cost.

And why not eh. If the file is a free download, why should BF shoulder all the cost?

This method by the way, could easily be used with any free downloadable software.

If you have a copy of the file, and have no shortage of bandwidth, and want to be a supporter of the hobby, this is your chance to actually be a supporter of that hobby.

The bigger the file size, the more this makes sense people.

I routinely can download a 230 meg video file faster with a bit torrent method, than I can a 23 meg file on something lame like Kazaa.

Its the difference of getting 100 k a second on my dsl line, instead of 10 k a second from a single source.

Anyone interested in furthering this notion?