Maximum number of points in scenario?

I have searched in the scenario talk section but keep getting the "wait for 5 minutes whilst searching - and disconnect "......

So for the record what is the absolute maximum number of points that can be spent in designing a scenario.... more precisely on UNITS, not experience levels etc, but actual number of units ?

yes 256 units are the max

but not only do you need a very powerfull PC to play with that much units it takes a lot of time to give orders and keep track of what goes on.

But if you like micromanaging and a lot of units you would enjoy hours to do a turn :D

Biggest scenario I played so far was one named Cheux and August bank holliday

Once I designed a scenrios that was set in 1954 on a moon of Europa. It was based off a map from the game battlezone. Anyways all it was is snowed with roads, moutains of snow and huge ice things.

The gist of the story was you were to eradicate the enemy from the face of the moon. It pitted a small infantry force(since the moon was so damned cold) and about 26,000 points worth of tanks and vehicles. And that each side. So basically 52,000 point scenarios hehe

It was a pretty cool scenario actually.

[ March 17, 2002, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Gen-x87H ]

Originally posted by Stixx:

Max units is 254 or 256, can't remember now ;)

I believe it has been expanded upon greatly for CMBB but don't quote me on it.

mmmm.... is that 256 units across the entire scenario, or just at any one point?. What I was thinking of was this: You set your start up force and several sets of reinforcements. Half way through reinforce 3 you hit your limit - no reinforce 4 is possible. But of course by the time reinforce 4 was due to hit the map your initial forces and reinforce 1 have been heavily engaged, so of course you could now bring on more.

However as the limit is hit in the scenario build you can't actually do so. Can you see what I'm getting at, and is there a way round it ? :D

many thanks in advance