Problem in "A walk in Paris" map, need your help.

This is an odd problem, so i'll try to be as detailed as I can. When my Dad (axis), and I (Allied) Play against each other in the "A walk in Pairs" mission, something odd happens. on my dads turn, (Axis), when he clicks on LOS, Target, or anything that drawns a colored line, it slows down, its not smooth, the line "jump's" to where his mouse is, rather than smoothly follow it, its very hard for him to try to target or move. Almost as if the game slows down.

Now, when on my turn, nothing strange happens at all, the line moves smoothly as it should. I tried to recrate the problem on other maps, and yet even on the most Huge of maps, never got it. It only happens on the Paris map. Now, I know that its not the graphics making the game slow down for two reasons.

1. It does not slow down on *my* turn on the same map.

2. I have a high end comupter, 866mhz, 512ram, Geforce 2 GTS video card.

With that said, I now post my problem in the hopes that the CM Community can help. I would enjoy playing the Paris Map with my Father, and hope that you, or the Tech guys, can help.

Ask me anything if you need more info.

I will say I do have a number of Mods, such as the Mad Mutt Mods, Uniform Mods, Terrain Mods, Building Mods, and Small Arms Mods, and fire and explosion mod. No tank, or other such things as of yet. All Maps work with these mods, only problem, is with Paris, on axis side.

Thank you,

Shane, aka Volker.

Volker, I just tried hotseating in that battle. I, too, noticed the extreme choppiness while commanding the Axis forces. Any line drawn moves very erratically. Scrolling the map is slow, too, but it's slow when I'm giving orders to both Axis and Allies.

My system isn't as beefy as yours (733mhz, 256MB, MatroxG400 card)

I don't know what could be causing this, but did want to confirm the existence of the behavior.

DjB

Edit: there is a problem with the Germans in 'Paris'. At first I thought both side's functions performed the same way, but upon a closer inspection I did find a glaring difference between the two sides when it came to using the LOS tool.

*****SPOILER******

I clicked on one of the Panthers and did a 360 degree LOS check. I started at the 12 o'clock position and the line showed up normally, but when I began rotating the LOS the line didn't follow. In fact, I was able to rotate very slowly around the tank and the line never moved. Only when I stopped did the LOS line catch up, and this was all within 50 meters of the tank.

Now I tried with one of the French M4s, and the LOS line followed the cursor all the way around the tank, regardless of how far out or how fast I did the check.

There is definetly something there.

[ April 21, 2002, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

Nice to see im not alone. Why dont you guys Post at my Message at the Tech Forums, I snagged a Teck who will try to help us. I used the same Title as I did here, tell him what you said here, maybe we can find others with the same problem.