New Operation

Howdy folks. I need two testers for a new operation focussed around taking the Son Bridge. It is a 6 battle, 10 turn op, with some fun units in it. Any help would be appreciated. If you wan't to help email me (in profile) or let me know here. Thanks people biggrin.gif

------------------

I'm always in the ****, it's only the depth that varies.

• 4 months later...

Kris,

Just wanted to say how much fun I've had with this op. I was one of your original playtest volunteers way back but never got around to playing it in a timely manner but I kept it around and finally booted it up a few days ago. I'm on the 6th battle and ready for that final push to the end of the map.

I think there's at least one other Son operation out that's pretty similar but people should do themselves a favor and give this one a try.

p.

Thanks. Its been on the backburner for a long time. There were too many problems with the map and too many similar battles. Just another couple of wasted hours I gues : )

------------------

Der Kessel

Home of "Die Sturmgruppe"; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by krm (edited 12-02-2000).]

> There were too many problems with the map

...and tardy lazy playtesters. smile.gif

What was wrong with the map? I have to add that this was the first op I've played where the front lines actually behaved themselves quite nicely. I think it's because the frontage is sufficiently narrow and it's not so easy to sneak guys through the lines unseen.

Had a total blast as the Allies. I'm replaying it from the Axis side.

p.

The area around Son itself is just plain stupid. Too many jaggies and undulations. There are also a heap of un-natural peaks and troughs in the initial battles. It was one of the first ops I did and it was rushed. I did fix some of the problems and I totally redid the Son area, but I'm still not happy enough with it too release it. If you liked this one though, try out my others at Der Kessel - Haut Fornel and the soon to appear Foucarville Roadblocks.

------------------

Der Kessel

Home of "Die Sturmgruppe"; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by krm (edited 12-04-2000).]