will the full version be more fun?

Actually the full game will lose the tutorial scenario, so it'll be even less enjoyable than the demo.

And there won't be any T34's or 37mm AT guns - just potatoclods with fully automatic 14.5mm intermediate round assault PPSH1TWHATAMIDOINGHERE-01's firing magnetic anti-tank mines at Waffenuberhamstergrenadiers with schurzen and zimmeret on their moustaches.

Boring as all heck really.

Am I the only person who believes that the Yelnia Stare scenario is evenly balanced? Did nobody else get brutalized by the German AI the first time through? Judging by the number of misguided "Soviet infantry sucks" threads, I'd say there were more than a few. Conversely, was there nobody else who managed to keep the AI Soviets at bay for the short 25 minute duration?

As for Schwerpunkt, did nobody else lose enough tanks to the Soviet AI that they only pulled off a draw or tactical victory the first time through? And again, conversely, was nobody else able to keep the AI Germans from taking the flags in their 40 minute timeframe?

Perhaps some should pay heed to a fact that is evident to most scenario designers. If you stomp the guts out of the AI on your first run through, the scenario probably isn't balanced. That may be somebody's idea of a good time, but I'm not sure who. And if you absolutely crush the AI on your 3rd or 4th attempt, it doesn't make the scenario too easy. Napoleon could have crushed Wellington on his 3rd or 4th try too.

Both scenarios are well-balanced and representative of typical fighting conditions in their respective locales/times. Both scenarios demonstrate engine upgrades swimmingly. I'm glad all the new features and geegaws are not present in the demo. It's ok that there are only two scenarios to chew on. Why? Because I want my cherry popped by the full release. The demo is just heavy petting, fellas.

I've lost the Zitadelle scenario a couple of times - first time up and with "experimental" Russian setups (but usually get 80+% wins as the Ruskies - haven't tried it as the Germans), and managed 2 draws as the Germans in "Stare" in the only 2 games of that I played - does that count??!! smile.gif

Karl,

Glad I gave you a good laugh and another one for the Missus smile.gif

But the REALLY important thing here is that this is the first time I have seen howardb post in... I dunno... a year?? I suppose he is attempting to combat the über Finn presence that is sure to be felt once CMBB releases smile.gif We all know how super competitive you Scandinavians are :D

Steve

In both demo scenarios, it's easy to tell who wins:the side that started with more tanks.
Not nessecarily. There's been a big tilt in play balance in the demo that at least I've seen so far..In BO, you're right. Terrain permitting, whoever won the counterarmor fight won the scenario. Now, in BB, the infantry, especially the HMG units are much more lethal to soft targets than tanks are..well, cannister rounds excepted. Also, In stare, I've had more sucessful infantry assaults on the tankers then I've ever had in all of BO, so, looks like tank crew spotting has been turned dowm, which is a good thing.

Originally posted by Ryan Crierie:

In both demo scenarios, it's easy to tell who wins:

the side that started with more tanks.

Not quite. I won against humans double blind as the immobile defender in both battles.

I am also proud to have helped Andreas and Brian remove every fun and interesting feature from CMBB. We were about to go back to simple stick figures, but KDawg would have had a heart attack had we not used the skins he painstakingly scanned from magezines.

WWB

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

All this demo has showed us is how hard it can be to adjust to change.

Sure is. Yesterday I played a tcp fight in CMBO. That was my first one after having played the CMBB demo, and boy was that obsolete ! I didn't have any difficulties adjusting to the CMBB type of play, on the contrary. I adjusted so well, that in fact, I'm finding it hard to come back to CMBO at this stage, with only a demo to entertain me...

Im several years on the net and must say, i never saw any comparable like i saw in the last couple days here on the forum, i hope, no one will disagree, BTS hase the damn, f... best fans on the hole planet.

And again, some more goodies and eye-candy stuff in the demo, to bring us over the next 2-3 weeks until the full version is in every Postbox wouldn be to bad, only MHO.

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

All this demo has showed us is how hard it can be to adjust to change.

Sure is. Yesterday I played a tcp fight in CMBO. That was my first one after having played the CMBB demo, and boy was that obsolete ! I didn't have any difficulties adjusting to the CMBB type of play, on the contrary. I adjusted so well, that in fact, I'm finding it hard to come back to CMBO at this stage, with only a demo to entertain me...</font>

Originally posted by Nippy:

Oh yes, this is a 'conscripted farmer with a pitch fork who's part of a human wave attack going up against entrenched MG-34s' kind of suck.

I thought their mothers didn't allow them to run with pitchforks. If the conscripted farmers can run with pitchforks then BF.C has made an egregious historical error.

BTS please fix, or do somefink!

Originally posted by wwb_99:

I am also proud to have helped Andreas and Brian remove every fun and interesting feature from CMBB. We were about to go back to simple stick figures, but KDawg would have had a heart attack had we not used the skins he painstakingly scanned from magezines.

WWB

Haven't you heard? Stick figures are going back in with the first patch.

I'm surprised you didn't hear the champagne corks popping over that one.

Originally posted by chrisl:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nippy:

Oh yes, this is a 'conscripted farmer with a pitch fork who's part of a human wave attack going up against entrenched MG-34s' kind of suck.

I thought their mothers didn't allow them to run with pitchforks. If the conscripted farmers can run with pitchforks then BF.C has made an egregious historical error.

BTS please fix, or do somefink!</font>