flak tractors

They are generally considered very gamey. Not because they weren't used in a direct support role (which they were), but because BTS made a mistake when they were coded. It's one of the few real weak spots in CM but as it is now they are ridiculously hard to kill. AP doesn't kill them for example...

M.

ya I noticed that, the only time they are easy to kill is when they expose their sides to infantry at close range, I didn't know about the AP not killing them though. I suppose I shouldn't use them even though they are fun :\

The bugs are that they cannot be killed effectivly from guns. Gun shots (from AFVs or towed guns) cannot ever hit directly, they only shoot to the ground nearby. And gun shots do not lead a moving unarmored target, thus a moving flak tractor will not get hit.

Anyone knocking this can move these things parallel to the frontline back and forth between two pieces of cover with open sight in between, and they will be unkillable from guns.

There is not problem with killing them from indirect fire (ary, mortars), nor from smallarms, but of course that is pretty ineffect.

The flak gun in CMBO is modeled to have an extremly high hit probablity, thus they are extremly dangerous to any target they can hurt. This applies to all Flak equipment like guns and all 20mm autocannon vehicles. The combination with a mobile but impossible to hit carriage makes for a very effective tool.