Problem with steppe

Currently designing a map. The problem is I want the steppe to remain brown.When I add other types of terrian it turns green. The parameters are very dry ground and hot/August. I find myself taking off other types of terrian to get it back to brown. Is there a way around this? Is there something I'm not doing? Currently using latest drivers. thanx

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Kinda makes sense that way too. Steppe is by it's nature open and rolling, so if you have 50% non-steppe tiles, well, sounds like it's not a steppe-ish area, see?

However, the manual says you can use it to simulate tall grass in other regions aside from Central and Southern - then it says "see Editor" - where nothing is said about it.

Micheal,Panzer thank you. I figured along those lines. To give you an idea what I'm trying to create is the terrian of the Black Sea Coast in the Caucasus. Brown steppe is perfect for this it's kind of dessert type terrian from what I can see. Okay it looks like I will have to take out some more brush. thanx agian

I like that idea a lot. On the other hand, Panzer Leader's idea sucked!
That made me snot myself.

The real reason I post, however, is to query: Anyone know what happened to a recently (maybe month ago?) created mod that changed the steppe doodads to "tall grass"? It was impressive (quite plush and vertical, like Don King's hair), yet I somehow failed to want it until now.

I caint find it anywhir. Anyone that can point my dumb ass to it will be lauded, loudly. Apologies for the hijacking. No really.