Argentina Report

Probably not a bad visualisation.

:(

The country is in a bad way and the pratts that took it there managed to get there money out of the banking system before the crash.

:mad:

This sort of thing could happen to any country and while the chances are small we don't know how lucky we are in the "Western world".

It just makes me so mad that it is always the small guys that suffer and the fat cats manage to exploit the situation to stay ahead of those who can not.

:rolleyes:

Anyway before anyone says "Hi Mom" I shall shut up.

We must play at some stage Argie.

H

Things are really bad, Holien, but don't miss the opportunity that hard money will give you now ;)

Seriously, though the crime is raising, there is a very little chance of getting kidnapped.

I know I'm a very lucky guy, but I never was involved in any violence in the streets episode, from my college days.

Of course, if you drives a BMW, better you watch your back before to leave the car... But driving a BMW when evrybody else is going to hell is in very poor taste, IMHO.

Keep the low level and the streets are as safe as ever, but depressing with all the people working to recycle trash to living.

Río Cuarto is a little city without any major security problem that I know, except the usual drunk guys in any little ctiy or town :D

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

One visualizes Argie sitting at his computer, tapping away on the keys, while outside his balconey the world goes to hell.

:D

Michael

The world goes hell, butt not in the ways that seems to be show. People is starting to starve. Crime is the only way to make a living if you born in some places. Education is falling. Health care is falling.

But if I look from my balconey I still see the same quiet neighborhood in the center of the big city in which I ever live, with birds singing and very few cars passing.

We will be falling for long time before to become a really dangerous place.

Hi A...

If it was just me no problem as I have been to Mexico city and that is a dangerous place.

However, it would be me and my fiancee and she is not very streetwise. I am getting married next year and I don't want any problems until then.

;)

Money is also a problem at the moment and the kidnappings just swayed it against comming.

As for Rio Cuarto, yep a dusty little city with it's own little problems..

:(

H

Originally posted by Ariel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

What have you done with argie you swine?!

Everyone knows he and I weren't the same person!

You must have to explain me that some day. I keep trying to find the thread where that happens to not avail. The Search parameters I've used can be part of some Book of Infamy...</font>

Originally posted by Ariel:

Thanks to everybody for the kindly words.

Seanachai, I'm not sure if I don't prefer the ferrets ;)

Ariel, in my head, the ferrets are a Busby Berkeley wonderland of dancing and singing.

It's like the 'Wind in the Willows' with attitude and excellent harmonies.

Prefer the ferrets, argie. Prefer the ferrets.