Flamethrower Tanks and Area Fire

Bought one of those KV flamethrower tanks recently and thought I would use to flame enemy infantry out of buildings. Funny thing is that whenever I use the area fire command it will shoot the cannon but not the flamethrower. What gives? Never behaved this way in CMBO. I am close enough (within 70 meters) and I have set up a test in the scenario editor to confirm this behavior. The tank flames fine when it actually targets enemy units but no flame area fire!?

Could this be an intentional behavior? Maybe to avoid gamey burning but flaming known, yet hiding, infantry out of buldings is hardly gamey!!

Anyone else notice this? Speak up! :D

-Sarge

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

May be an ammo conservation deal.

The crew's trained to only hose the area down if they are sure someone will be bathing in it.

Nah, I don't think so. Those puppies have some 75 units of ammo for squirting buring fuel! I think it has been programmed out in CMBB.

BFC, please fink or do somefix! ;)

I had the same thoughts Sarge, and was disappointed. The real problem is that the KV has such bad vision that, even if there IS a target, it might not see it. At least it won't just ignore an area target, but you can't have an area target and flame it.

Frustrating smile.gif