Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Hopefull Hotkey Request - Tree Animation

It's a nice touch seeing those trees gently swaying, but on my older system I notice a significant slowdown especially on maps with heavy tree coverage.

It usually precludes me from moving around the map with the trees on it at all, so I would appreciate the option to disable the animation until I can upgrade to a machine worthy of it's display.

Otherwise I shall just have to keep looking at a barren map with bases only.

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

I shall just have to keep looking at a barren map with bases only.

Rex,

At the lowest tree coverage setting "Sparse Coverage", the tree animations have been disabled. You shouldn't have to be stuck with a completely barren looking map if your system can handle the tree animation-free setting of "Sparse Coverage". If your system can not currently handle "Sparse Coverage" without tree animations as it is, then you would be struggling even more even if there was no tree animations at the higher tree coverage settings.

On the flip side, I would like to see tree animations at the "Sparse Coverage" setting. My system can easily handle it.

The request for a separate "Tree Animations" toggle has been brought up before. I do not believe it will be altered in the patch however.

Lt Bull

[ October 13, 2002, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Lt Bull ]