1941 Hardest Tanks to Defeat

I'm suprised how easy a Panzer IIC can defeat a T34/41 at 1000M and how hard it is to kill a Stug III.

I had one T34-M41 go toe to toe with a StugIII at a 110 meters, the StugIII took 27 hits including 9 penetrating hits over 3 turns before it popped smoke and retreated.

Originally posted by pad152:

I'm suprised how easy a Panzer IIC can defeat a T34/41 at 1000M and how hard it is to kill a Stug III.

I had one T34-M41 go toe to toe with a StugIII at a 110 meters, the StugIII took 27 hits including 9 penetrating hits over 3 turns before it popped smoke and retreated.

How the heck did you get a T-34 to get off 9 rounds in a turn? Cattle prod?

-dale

I guess I shouldn't be amazed that this kind of thread goes on in this forum too. The other "wargame" I played had loads of "Matildas being killed by grenades...WTF?" titles, etc. Everyone seems to have their pet situation.

I did experience a similar episode in CMBO with a KT getting done by a Sherman 76 at 600+m in 2 out of 5 replays of the same scene. With only 3 rounds that could do the job on paper and the German tank returning fire, it was some pretty good shooting on the part of the AI. I have yet to see a similar episode in CMBB, but I'm sure someone has already come up with one smile.gif .

I guess even a blind squirrel gets a KT, er a nut once in a while.

[ October 05, 2002, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: vondeath ]