texture flickering problem

Kichu

Try and increase the level of Anistopic Filtering, Anti-Aliasing and the Mipmap depth.

Those features will usually reduce overall texture flicker.

Also, check your monitor's refresh rate (while the game is running) as well. To get a good clean and steady picture, you will want a refresh rate of at least 75kHz although this is very dependant on your own eyes. As for me, anything less than about 80-85kHz tends to give me headaches as my eyes are VERY sensitive to the flickering I can detect at lower rates.

Madmatt

shimmering... can anyone explain this to non native english... other words please...

the symptoms here are that parts of the terrain, for example a tree, a building blink here and there in random order... sometime more often sometime less...

the weird thing is that this things happens not only im cm series but also in other games im running, ie. lock on, il2, operation flashpoint... so it looks like this is rahter hardware related bug or hardware fault than the game. a local guru here says it might be graphic card overheating or something like this... on the other hand this is brand new machine no overcloking tweaking etc. etc. just runs as received from stock.

any helps hints... shall i switch graphic card to see if the problem disappears ?

suggestions welcome

and thanks