Video issue with ATI Radeon

I upgraded my catalyst driver for my ATI radeon 9000 to the 5.9 version. I seem to now be having an issue. A small back section has appeared on the screen in the bottom right corner above the movie buttons. I have tried removing the BB prefs and letting the game reinitialize, and have also tried tweaking various settings and checked directx but to no avail.

I would rather not uninstall the newer driver so if anyone has seen this or has a suggestion I would be happy to listen. Thankyou.

To be honest, my only suggestion would be to remove the new driver.

This problem has appeared in previous drivers for certain Radeon cards (not all of the cards saw it with a particular driver) and the 9000 was one of the primary ones. I have the 5.9 Catalyst on my work machine that has a Radeon 9600XT and it doesn't exhibit this particular problem (running at 1600x1200 in CM). Texture Preference and Mipmap Detail Level are both set to High Quality, with the rest of the Direct3D settings set to Application Preference. It would appear that this bug is exhibited specifically by the Radeon 9000's and possibly some other Radeons around that model.

Did you see this problem earlier with whatever previous driver you had ? If you feel like experimenting, you can try out some modified Catalyst drivers such as the Omega Driver. I'm not sure if this would help with the issue or potentially make it worse.

Also the Catalyst 5.10 driver is out (I don't know when the 5.11 will come), though it is also another driver I have not tried with the Radeon 9000.

[ November 11, 2005, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]