BFC/Beta testers: editor question

Falkao

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add a certain degree of randomness to forces in a battle/operation designed with the editor? For example, is it possible to define a number of points and a type of force and have the computer select them? Or give a certain possibility that the unit will/will not appear in the battle/operation?

Once again sorry if this has already been debated...

[ September 18, 2002, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Falkao ]

I'm note entirely sure about what you mean, but in Quickbattles pretty well every parameter includes a "Random" and an "Unrestricted" option, from ammo load, to health, percentage of casualties, to whatever you can think of!

If you mean adding randomness to an actual scenario I'm less sure about that. CMBO lets you choose the percent chance that reinforcements will arrive while you're constructing a scenario. That's probably not what you're looking for.

One random bit is selection of percentage of casualties. No telling what the computer may delete to reduce your forces.

[ September 18, 2002, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

What I really meant was: Can I design an operation (more interested in operations) and instead of buying and deploying troops, just establish deploy zones and specify an amount of points, a nationality and a troop type so that there is an amount of uncertainty...

But I guess it is not possible...

Thanks anyway...

You cant do that much with operations. But like CMBO, you can have conditional reinforcements (EG, BN, regimental or divisional) which show when certain force ratios are hit. In addition, any reinforcement can be assigned a chance of appearing, which is simply per-battle and not cumiculative.

Now, for QBs, things are a bit different. Now that you can import maps and forces, you can structure a scenario so that some forces should be bought additionally.

WWB