Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New Command Feature - Berzerker Mode!

In a certain CMBB canned scenario that shall remain nameless, I had a Panzergrenadier squad go completely mad-dog, in broad daylight. After being ordered to, an successfully assaulting a Bolshevik foxhole, they turned and fired off 3 or 4 bursts at a neighboring squad who had participated in the attack.

When I saw that yellow target line coming from one of my own squads, I couldnt believe me eyes. Perhaps they had a rivalry going with each other for choice duties within the platoon. I dont know the history of their soap opera, but I do know that they were both 'area fired' by all my local assets, and then scoop up into the aforementioned foxhole, to keep this berzerker virus from spreading.

Has anyone else had a run-in with this?

Yeah, I had a German rifle squad target one of my German MG teams and rout them. I didn't catch it for a few turns, so I don't know if they caused any casualties or not, as the Ruskies were also shooting at the MG team. The squad was about 150m away from the MG team in 200m visibility conditions. There were several other German units close to the MG team which received the "friendly" fire, and all were hiding.

This is the only experience I've had with this so far.