Soviet 81mm mortars don't fit in jeeps ?

Some may think it difficult to get 7 men and a big fat mortar tube + ammo into a jeep but AFAIK in game terms it should be possible. A jeep is transport class 6 and the sov. 81mm mortar is transport class 3. As the astute observer may have guessed from the title of this thread they don't fit (no embark option). However the Maxim MG with it's 6 man team + ammo which is also transport class 3 can embark.

I was a tad disappointed to find this out having bought several jeeps specifically to transport my 81mm mortars - though nowhere near as disappointed as the mortar crews themselves.

Could this be a BUG? :eek:

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Besides, it's an 82mm mortar

If you hadn't said that, I was going to.

smile.gif

I would think that even getting six men into a jeep is pushing it. Getting six men and a heavy weapon plus its ammo into a jeep is really pushing it. I know the US Army had a vehicle called a weapon's carrier that was somewhere between a large jeep and a small truck. It is reasonable to suppose that it was designed for such tasks, although it appears to me that it ended up getting used for other things.

Michael

Hey what's a millimeter between friends ? It was, of course, 82mm that I should have said. I guess I misspent my youth playing too much CMBO where all medium onboard mortars fit (i.e., German 81mm fits in a kubelwagen, US 81mm fits in a jeep, Brit 3" fits in a jeep). In CMBB the German 81mm also fits in the kubelwagen. I'll just have to keep reminding myself to stop buying this combo when playing Soviet :(

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Neutral Party:

Hey what's a millimeter between friends ?

Could be a matter of life and death. The Germans could fire their own ammo through captured tubes. The Reds could not.

</font>

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Neutral Party:

Hey what's a millimeter between friends ?

Could be a matter of life and death. The Germans could fire their own ammo through captured tubes. The Reds could not.

</font>