Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Random Game turn endings in CMBB, and other ME issues

A TCP opponent of mine brought out the following thoought that in MEs ppl hold back at first, and towards the end rush the flag. I've also come to notice this in my other ME matches, and I myself am guilty of aswell ! redface.gif

I'm not sure, but I may have heard there was an variable end (there must be a better way of saying this, pardon my rusty English). Example, theoretically the match lasts 25 turns, but in the end you wouldn't know if it ends at 21 or lasts to 28. Does anyone know whether this is included in CM BB ? :confused:

That would force players into revising their tactics, you can never be sure if it's going to end only after you barely get the rush going ! tongue.gif

[ July 07, 2002, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Prinz Eugen ]

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

A TCP opponent of mine brought out the following thoought that in MEs ppl hold back at first, and towards the end rush the flag. I've also come to notice this in my other ME matches, and I myself am guilty of aswell ! redface.gif

I'm not sure, but I may have heard there was an variable end (there must be a better way of saying this, pardon my rusty English). Example, theoretically the match lasts 25 turns, but in the end you wouldn't know if it ends at 21 or lasts to 28. Does anyone know whether this is included in CM BB ? :confused:

That would force players into revising their tactics, you can never be sure if it's going to end only after you barely get the rush going ! tongue.gif

last I heard there was a rumour that this feature was on "The List".

It may in fact be one of the "surprises" they have in store for us, if no one else can officially confirm or deny if this one is in or not.

My guess is CMBB will have the random variable end turn option smile.gif (I mean really how hard can that be to program and add in?)

-tom w

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Hey Prince!

if you would like some more replies to this one you should edit the title of the thread and ask something like:

"Random Game turn endings in CMBB, Does anyone know for sure?"

or some such thing...

I too am keen to get the official answer on this one.

I'm sure the answer is either:

a) Yes we now know it is in

or

B) It is a definite maybe as we know BFC had not said "It won't be in" smile.gif

So its either a surprise and its there or its in and we know about it already smile.gif

-tom w

[ July 07, 2002, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

if you would like some more replies to this one you should edit the title of the thread and ask something like:

Hell, I didn't know how I'd put it...

:rolleyes:

Anyways, this would be nice to be included, it should affect ME play!

Another idea thing I had in mind would be a "Capture the Flag" kind of battle. Both players would have a victory flag at their starting positions, and then some flags in between. That would force you into thinking about off/def balance, adding to the excitement ! :D

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

-tom w

Thx for the tip, lets see if it works !

;)

Another idea : Why not replace the concept of Victory flags, and replace it with Victory areas (or somefink) ? Youd have your deployment zones, and the neutral terrain in between. You'd fight over the control of the ENTIRE area, and not just some locations randomnly scattered all over, without making a lot of sense. Points would be awarded by the amount of area controlled, and you'd get extra points from the other guy's deployment area.

I would think this would remove the concept of flag rushing totally. You have no flags to rush ! Instead, you're fighting over control of territory. Much more realistic too. You wouldn't, in real life, try to control one or two given locations, instead you'd aim for gaining control over larger areas, right?

I'm not knowledgeable whether current engine allows this, but it shouldn't be too hard to program, especially for the likes of MadMatt & Co. ! :cool: There's traces of it in operations, though, there are no flags there. Wonder if that could be transferred into single scenarios and QBs ? This would be extra super cool, and revolutionise the concept of Meeting Engagements ! :cool: