How do you change resolution?

Thanks,

I see that file. I'll lose it.

I had set my desktop to 800x600 to see if it helped increase FPS for a first person shooter game. Since it really made little difference I set my desktop back to 1152x864, which is what I would like for CMAK...or at least 1024.

Fight well!

As already mentioned, deleting the Prefs file for CM will force you through the resolution selection process the next time you run CM. The initial resolution offered should be your current desktop resolution or the closest resolution underneath that that CM supports (1152x864 is supported to my knowledge).

One thing to be aware of is that while CM may start at your current desktop resolution, it may try a vertical refresh rate that is much higher than what you may be running for your desktop. In fact it may be high enough that your monitor may not be able to 'sync' the signal and instead you get a scrolling/scrambled mess on screen. If that's the case, then just wait awhile (it may take awhile in some cases) and the next lower vertical refresh rate will be offered. This may have the same effect, so it may take awhile before CM displays a resolution and refresh rate that works with your monitor.

Once this is set, you can usually forget about it and not have to worry about it again. The exception to this however is if your desktop resolution is set lower than what CM's pref file specifies for it to run at (for example your previous 800x600 desktop resolution and CM being set at 1024x768). In that case, CM would go through the resolution selection process again, starting at your current desktop resolution. So if you set CM to run at 1152x864, make sure that if you change your desktop resolution to something lower while playing a FPS game, that you change it back to 1152x864 or higher before launching CM.

Hi There,

This is Jomny from Amsterdam, the above mentioned problem corresponds totally with the problem I have been experiencing on my PC.

All the symptoms are identical, however, when I purchased my PC it took up until a year for the problem to occur. Very strange,

Did you solve your problem Bitchen freezy ?

Jomny