A new years resolution: No more QBs!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

I'm following and agreeing with what you're saying right up to the point where it seems necessary for the third party person to be on a diet. I mean, what the.....?

Personally, I think the type of person you need in this position is a god like type who controls the purchasing of forces etc.

Regards

Jim R.<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the humor, Shecky.

I've never understood the moaning about the flak truck.

I buy them occasionally in QB's. Not only are they easily knocked out with rifle bullets, but they are poo at picking targets that aren't vehicles on their own. The only thing I can think of is that they seem to be hard to knock out with mortar fire.

Can someone explain to me why they are despised and seen as a gamey pick?

To be fair, I've only picked them in QBs using the recon rules. I needed an edge as the Stuart tends to be a bit good in those games.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Peaveyyyyyyyy:

Can someone explain to me why they are despised and seen as a gamey pick?

<hr></blockquote>

They are practially unkillable from tank main fire if the flakwagon owner knows how to use them. Direct hit is not modeled at all, and a tank doesn't not shoot into the path of a moving unarmoured vehicle, that make a hit pretty unlikely. There is no problem with small arms fire or (inherently unprecise) indirect HE fire.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>

To be fair, I've only picked them in QBs using the recon rules. I needed an edge as the Stuart tends to be a bit good in those games.<hr></blockquote>

Right, Stuarts are tough in Fionn's recon rule. And since you don't have much HE-firing tanks anyway, the flakwagon hurts less.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzerman:

Sometimes these lakes are up in the air a level or two above the rest of the battle field, now isn't that fun to see.<hr></blockquote>

Those French and Germans, they put their wheatfields in the damnest places! I've never seen anything like it.

• 3 weeks later...