Command line to captured HQ?

I did a search and didn't see anything quite on topic...

I had the misforture of having one of my HQ's captured. I noticed that a (black) command line was drawn between the HQ and his formerly commanded squads.

It was rather strange to be able to trace the HQ's movements as he was martched (out of view) back off the map.

A well placed arty round (thanks to the ESP command line) ended his unfortunate situation - or otherwise terminated the command line.

[ November 10, 2002, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Sitting Duck ]

I've seen this once. But it was even more confusing because the HQ was out of my troops LOS. I got a black line to a bush one turn, then the terminus of the line moved toward the enemy's rear on the following turns. I tried to click and drag around it, then cycled through my units with the plus key.

Have to watch for it again and save the game.

Sitting Duck,

I've recently experienced this 'phenomenon', too. I was playing a CD scenario, Balkovzy Surprise, and had one of my German platoon HQs captured. I clicked on a non-captured, subordinate squad and saw the command line (black) extending to where I last had my HQ, but no HQ. Unfortunately, I didn't save the game.

Nothing big, but just wanted to let you know you're not the only ones to experience this.

Mike