Hull down

I wasn't to comfortable with the explanation of how to achieve hull-down in the manual. Trial and error was the ticket for me. Using the 'hunt' command seems to work quicker than plodding away using the line of sight command and inching forward. Let the AI crew do the heavy lifting here. I haven't been able to improve on the 'hunt' command method but would love to know a better/faster method.

Guest Michael emrys

The problem is *moving* into a hull-down position without getting smacked. The problem with using the Hunt command and trusting the crew to stop in time is that they may be distracted at the critical moment and go past the position and expose the hull to enemy fire.

What I am learning to do is to put the camera at the 1 level and walk the path I intend to take. Just when I get to the point where I can make out the target, I note the point and command my tank to end its travel there. Once it gets in place, check everything again to insure that it can fire at the target, but doesn't expose itself too much.

Michael