New games planned for CM system?

Pacific has already be declared a no-go. They don't want to do it. I did a Pacific theater redress mod for the CMBO but it is naturally limited.

The Africa desert in 1940-43 is a real interest. It would to my mind require even larger maps than in CMBB. Some factors such as vehicle movement creating dust are necessary to factor in.

Middle East wars are in many ways limited in scope. Some only lasted a few weeks and getting accurate info on them is to my mind doubtful. In most cases you Arab forces nearly always won with massive losses. No fair to say but does seem to be the truth.

Korea would be a hoot. Most of the vehicle models are already done. Airpower would be a real killer.

MikeT

Originally posted by PeterX:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Early western front (1939-1943)

What actually transpired on the Western Front between the fall of France and D-Day, four years later? Nothing, As far as I know. Other than the Dieppe raid.</font>

Originally posted by MikeT:

Pacific has already be declared a no-go. They don't want to do it.

Too bad - lots of interesting, challenging island battles, small scale engagements, etc. that would suit the game's style. Wish we could customize CMBB to pit the Russians against the Japanese in Manchuria...

Middle East wars are in many ways limited in scope. Some only lasted a few weeks and getting accurate info on them is to my mind doubtful. In most cases you Arab forces nearly always won with massive losses. No fair to say but does seem to be the truth.

Many of the battles are on the same scale as those in CMBB. Lots of wild and woolly battles, from the defence of a single kibbutz in 48 to the massive armour actions on the Golan or in the Sinai in 73. As for accuracy: most of it is well-documented by a wide variety of sources.

48 was basically an extension of WW2 equipment and tactics. Mostly small scale action, though. Biggest thing would be the change in terrain - much the region is very rocky and hilly.

You're wrong about the "winners" - the Arabs lost in 48, 56, 67 and 73. They won several battles, but none of the wars.

Korea would be a hoot. Most of the vehicle models are already done. Airpower would be a real killer.

And Naval firepower in many cases. I assume both could be abstracted like in CMBB. Artillery would have to be improved too.