Gridded CMBB Terrain!!!

Regarding hexes...

I've been playing with the dimensions -- which sucks in Photshop, no vector tools -- and I haven't been able to get equal distances between sides. In the shot above, one direction is 40 m and the other two are 45 m.

Is that what people expect, or were the CMBO hexes perfect? smile.gif

Oh, and for those of you wondering, I wasn't expecting distances of 40m. The ground tiles in the editor are 20x20, but it appears that the tiles used in the game are, graphically, 40x40. It could be my 32 meg card, but in any case I was surprised.

Originally posted by Cameroon:

Regarding hexes...

I've been playing with the dimensions -- which sucks in Photshop, no vector tools -- and I haven't been able to get equal distances between sides. In the shot above, one direction is 40 m and the other two are 45 m.

Is that what people expect, or were the CMBO hexes perfect? smile.gif

Oh, and for those of you wondering, I wasn't expecting distances of 40m. The ground tiles in the editor are 20x20, but it appears that the tiles used in the game are, graphically, 40x40. It could be my 32 meg card, but in any case I was surprised.

Download Paint Shop Pro from www.jasc.com

You can make some pretty good hexes with that, but it's such a bitch getting them to line up on the "cm tiles" that I gave up. Good luck.

Subdued grid monkeys, I should have some screenies for you soon!

Captain, if I had a PC I could ;)

Actually, I haven't had a problem having the hexes work (tesselation-wise, or lining up) which is probably a side-effect of building them by hand.

The problem I'm having is that, while they line up properly, building them so that they do makes them different widths across their insides.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> -- ---

/ \ | This distance is 40m in-game.

\ / |

-- ---

/

/

And that distance is 45m in-game.</pre>