Panzerschreck & Panzerfaust inside of buildings

Well known : when one of these weapons (or any other weapon of this kind) is fired we have a jet of flames 4-5 meters behind the weapon.

Because of this, it is important that nobody is behind the weapon, and that the area behind the weapon is free, otherwise would the blowback torch your own arse when it is fired. Okay, outside of buildings can all this be abstracted.

But inside of a building, especially the small ones?

I think it shouldn't be possible to fire such weapons from inside of a buildings.

Guest PondScum

At best, my 'faust and 'schrek users are suppressed whenever they fire from inside a building. At worst, they set the building on fire, panic, and run into the waiting guns of whatever they were trying to shoot at. This seems like a much wider and more interesting set of possibilities than just "cannot fire from inside a building".

Originally posted by PondScum:

At best, my 'faust and 'schrek users are suppressed whenever they fire from inside a building. At worst, they set the building on fire, panic, and run into the waiting guns of whatever they were trying to shoot at. This seems like a much wider and more interesting set of possibilities than just "cannot fire from inside a building".

Well, maybe you should take your Panzerschreck and fire out of a window with a wall two meters behind you. Let me know about the result when you are able to use your hands again smile.gif .

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Scipio:

Well, maybe you should take your Panzerschreck and fire out of a window with a wall two meters behind you. Let me know about the result when you are able to use your hands again smile.gif

Sounds like "suppressed" to me! smile.gif

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Scipio:

Well, maybe you should take your Panzerschreck and fire out of a window with a wall two meters behind you. Let me know about the result when you are able to use your hands again smile.gif

Sounds like "suppressed" to me! smile.gif </font>

Well known : when one of these weapons (or any other weapon of this kind) is fired we have a jet of flames 4-5 meters behind the weapon.

Because of this, it is important that nobody is behind the weapon, and that the area behind the weapon is free, otherwise would the blowback torch your own arse when it is fired. Okay, outside of buildings can all this be abstracted.

I think it shouldn't be possible to fire such weapons from inside of a buildings.

Watched a documentary a long time ago. It showed 2 German troopers with a PZF-44? (modern day RPG) inside a second floor room, and firing out a window. The backblast about blew one guy Out the window, and the second guy was knocked off his feet. Definitely showed that it is Not a smart idea to fire from inside an enclosed space

Infantry and the space one squad uses is abstracted. Maybe one of the guys sneaks out through the backdoor and fires a faust ? Maybe the building is a bit damaged, walls knocked down & such ? The key is (IMHO) that when the position of a whole 8-13 men strong squad is abstracted and said to occuby a building, it can't be assumed that every man is inside the building all the time (how could they throw grenade bundles & such, through windows ? Should that be restricted outdoors only also ?). I have no problem with the current way of firing weapons inside of buildings (try placing 13 guys inside one small house and able them all to fire their weapons efficiently, maybe through one or two windows... FP should, if realisticly portrayed, drop a lot). Maybe in the rewrite we see these kind of actions carried out, but in CMBB, abstraction is the only thing we have.

If the flame blast is 4-5m, the firing guy is reasonably safe if the nearest wall is 3 m from him. That's a pretty usual size for a WW2 European room.

The resulting fire in the room can panic the team, or put the whole building aside.

This is exactly what happens in CM, where's your problem Scipio ?? :confused:

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

If the flame blast is 4-5m, the firing guy is reasonably safe if the nearest wall is 3 m from him. That's a pretty usual size for a WW2 European room.

The resulting fire in the room can panic the team, or put the whole building aside.

This is exactly what happens in CM, where's your problem Scipio ?? :confused:

Well, okay, there might be enough space behind the Schreck/Faust in a large building, also considering the abstraction. But I'm pretty sure this is not true for a small building, especially not for a peasant shack. A small building is about 7-8 meters, a peasant shack 5-6 meters. All the walls inside of the building or the very large Russian ovens etc are only abstracted, but still exists - at least I assume that all small buildings/shacks have not only one room and are completly empty.

However, I agree that abstraction is an important factor here, and we can't forbid our mean to act as morons smile.gif . Most of the answers above agree that is is at least very dangerous to fire such weapons from inside of buildings - so wouldn't it make sense that there is a chance that troops inside of the building can be injured - if not even killed - by such actions? Just change the status to 'pinned' is IMO stupid. From the manual :

These guys are not going anywhere. They simply keep their heads down and stay in cover.
'Hey, let's fire this weapon - this will be so exciting that we won't go anwhere else'. Or - 'Hey, this blast is strong enough to inflame the building. How good that we know it can't hurt us!!!'

"Do you run into the street to shoot at that tank coming towards you, or do you stay in your nice cosy building? Did that tank fire 195 rounds or 200? Do you feel lucky? Well, do you?

As I said before, the US army has an SOP for firing out buildings with their entire current range of recoiless weapons, some of which are a little larger than a 'faust or a 'shrek. It isn't ideal, but it beats a bullet trepanning most days of the week.