The Royal Guild of Sharpshooters

Something funny that happened last week in one PBEM-fight (QB, ME, 1250 pts, unrestricted).

My sharpshooter sneaking on the hill in scattered trees. Suddenly an enemy sharpshooter pops up. I watch the video waiting for a hand-to-hand, spade-to-spade combat to begin. But no - the sharpshooters just keep on walking like it was a nice bright Sunday afternoon in peace time. As they were passing in one meter (that's 1 m!) distance without doing nothing (nothing, just walking!) I started to suspect that they're part of the same sharpshooter's guild or something, shook a secret handshake together and promised to buy each others beers tonight.

For the other things happening in that fight I'm still keeping a low profile as the fight continues (greetings to my opponent: I wont retreat! smile.gif )

/kuma

In The Good War by Studs Terkel there's an interview with an Ami artillery spotter who had a cordial relationship with a German colleague. They were perched in nearby forestry towers and could wave to each other and admire each other's shooting. Of course they jotted down each other's coordinates as well.

The guy says that once he observed a German ambulance column on a road, and shells began falling around it. He looked at the German and saw he was reaching for his telephone looking really mad. The Ami waved his arms to say 'it wasn't me' then slid down the ladder to his dugout. Seconds later mortar fire rained down on his position. After it was over he went back up the tower and continued gesticulating that he wasn't the one that attacked the ambulances. The German then took off his helmet as an apology.

So I guess things like that can happen.

Originally posted by lcm1947:

That's what I say is " one is afraid and the other is glad of it." I had two bazooko guys do that once. I kept yelling "shoot him, shoot him god bless it" but I didn't use the word bless it. :D

Unfortunately, bazooka men do not have handguns. Perhaps they will add them in the next version.

Wait a minute now. Unless I'm wrong a bozooka team is two people. Are you telling me ( BFC ) that neither of these guys had any personal side arms? So, try to answer that question if you dare. ;) BFC please fix or do something. :D