Turret Rotation knocked out??? In Immobile Tiger 1 ??!! WHAT??!

OK

This is new to me, I have played this game since the Beta Demo, I think I play it ALOT, (ok mostly against the AI because I like to WIN smile.gif )

I JUST finished a turn (on my lunch hour of course smile.gif ) and the Germans were the played by the AI and I had full fog of war on of course.

SO I see an immbolized Tiger 1 (ELITE) and his turret has not moved for 5 -10 turns (It looks GOOD and Stuck to me!) so I figure it can't shoot it main gun, so I'll move my happless Sherms in for the kill from mulitple directions.

BUT wait, HOLY **** the gun recoils and gets off a shot at the lead Sherm (Bang! its DEAD of course) the Tiger is still immobile and the Turret will not turn to face the other 4 Sherms approaching from other directions.

Now that Tiger had been Strafed and PLENTY of 25 lber Arty had be dropped on it and a small concentration of other German tanks in the vicinity, so it was really immobile and its turret was probably jammed.

BUT in the Game I has previously believed if the turret was jammed it was BECAUSE the gun was knocked out!!

NOT SO!!

The damn gun still works fine only, in ONE direction.

Is this news to anyone else or am I the Last just the last one to figure out this "new" behaviour?

OH NEVER Mind.....

GAMEY AI Bastard was playing DEAD!

Swung the turret over just in time on the next movie phase to toast a Few more on coming Sherms (****!)

(Now that makes more sense if the gun is knocked out the turret won't rotate, but if the gun still fires (in the game CMBO smile.gif ) then the turret "should" still rotate, it is NOW :mad: rotating to meet the other on coming threats!

-tom w

[ May 30, 2002, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by russellmz:

i thought the tank ai behavior had it point at the direction where it last saw an enemy threat(put in to offset the slow turning turrent going after every and any target behavior)

Thanks that makes sense!

that is WHY I thought it was STUCK in one direction, (i.e. that of the last known threat)

The turret stayed oriented in that direction while the tank was immobile so I thought the the gun and turret rotation were knocked out too! (WRONG!)

You are correct, thanks for the reminder! smile.gif

-tom w

Turrets don't jam.

Since you probably kept him buttoned up with all the arty, he never spotted anyone who wasn't right in front of him.

So he never moved the turret.

Until you came along and gave him something to do.